• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories toughen their image with hard line on benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    well if you inspire them why would they not build businesses and create employment. not all long term unemployed are thick, many just do the maths and realise there is no point getting out of bed if the state will pay them to stay in it and breed.
    I am sure there is some way of capitalising on these plans, it could be a good source of cheap labour if you adopted a chain-gang mentality. The government are paying them so am sure whoever employed them would have the wages heavily subsidised as it is only really an incentive to get them off benefits.

Comment

well if you inspire them why would they not build businesses and create employment. not all long term unemployed are thick, many just do the maths and realise there is no point getting out of bed if the state will pay them to stay in it and breed.
      I didn't claim anything of the sort. I was just talking about my experiences, and my neighbours. Quite possibly there are other small towns where everyone is stuck on benefits with no work, and would love to earn a good living, all I can say is this was not the case where I lived.

But this wasn't even my point - Labour claim to guarantee 25hrs a week jobs. Where I lived, I struggle to see where the 1000+ jobs this would require are coming from.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
        I thought they couldn't do this under archaic anti-slavery laws (seem to remember a case where a graduate was forced to work in a supermarket)
        no they failed to follow the process properly, the anti slavery comments were just that.

AFAIR
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
          I am sure there is some way of capitalising on these plans, it could be a good source of cheap labour if you adopted a chain-gang mentality. The government are paying them so am sure whoever employed them would have the wages heavily subsidised as it is only really an incentive to get them off benefits.
          A4e?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I didn't claim anything of the sort. I was just talking about my experiences, and my neighbours. Quite possibly there are other small towns where everyone is stuck on benefits with no work, and would love to earn a good living, all I can say is this was not the case where I lived.

But this wasn't even my point - Labour claim to guarantee 25hrs a week jobs. Where I lived, I struggle to see where the 1000+ jobs this would require are coming from.
            I think it was the thick & Chavvy comment that drove that.

Labour are promising Jam tomorrow.

Comment

You've got the choice of the blue-veined potato-headed turd and the red fresh-blooded, straight from the colon turd, both of which are forced down your throat and yet you all think one tastes better than the other?

And as for the lazy pejoratives of "the nasty party" and "the progressive party", do you think the stench will be anything better between the two?

Both are part of a political elite that want nothing more than for you to be distracted by the minutiae of detail that hide behind the true nature of increased taxes, bigger state and the circumvention of personal freedoms.

Until you understand this, this bickering is pointless.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I think it was the thick & Chavvy comment that drove that.
                  Well where I lived it was accurate. All the stereotypes
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    As I said two people this week have been offered 3-4 jobs each their education level is GCSE only.

around London if you are fit and willing you can now find a job. If you can't you aren't trying.

Don't start with the old can't get jobs, the 50= warehouse guy & 60+ gardener found new jobs in the last year.

Now I have sympathy for some areas where work is almost impossible to get.

Comment

Labour are promising hyper inflation, power cuts and strikes tomorrow.
                      FTFY
                      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                      X