• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwides House Price Index - Sept 2013

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    For some reason I always imagined you had a whip close to hand at all times
    I do but my chair's got wheels - I'll need something light and strong when the whiff of fresh meat brings them in...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I do but my chair's got wheels - I'll need something light and strong when the whiff of fresh meat brings them in...
      Well that is BP, MF and SY out of the running then. Best stick to a chair!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Except, when you are trading down, first off you get used to a certain size of property in a nice area. The only way to release large amounts of money is to move somewhere tulipe in a cramped little box.
        So a typical middle age couple's ideal house might be big, plenty of bedroom/living/study space for all the kids, close to great schools, in a densely populated area so there's plenty to do but with a fast/easy commute to a major business centre so you can have a decent work/life balance.

When you retire, you have no further need for the big house, the kids have finished school and you aren't bothered about a fast/easy commute either. So you can now sell up so a young family and move out of the big smoke to a quiet area where you can get a nice house which is easy to look after (but big enough to entertain visitors) for half the price of your house in the city.

Your house in the city cost £x when you brought it, you sell up for twice what you paid for it and buy a nice place in the country for £x. That leaves you with a nice stash of money to spend during your retirement.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

wws

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
            So a typical middle age couple's ideal house might be big, plenty of bedroom/living/study space for all the kids, close to great schools, in a densely populated area so there's plenty to do but with a fast/easy commute to a major business centre so you can have a decent work/life balance.
            No, that would be two ideal houses so that they can't see each other too often ...

Comment

Working...
            X