• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plasma or LCD which is better?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But if anyone were better than the rest the others wouldn't exist. Better at WHAT? Screen clarity, lightweight, depth, colour, energy usage. Not sure how we can give suggestions to such a badly worded request.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't think there are many suppliers still building plasma screens.

We bought a Plasma in 2006 (samsung) and its still going strong with no burn in or problems I bought it as they price dropped from 1500 to 800 so it was a good buy. Weighs a tonne and was a total pain in the arse to hang on the wall.

We also Have a Samsung LED TV. The main difference is that the LED looks stunning when there is a night time race on the HD channels but really shows up the crapy SD channels especially on things like channel five or some of the other free view ones.

The OLEDs will look stunning but I have no idea how long they will take to reach a decent size or price point.

Comment

Depends what you want and how much you are spending.

I suspect that £500 will buy you a nicer plasma than lcd/led.

I suspect that once you hit over £1000 the lcd/led look better except for the really expensive Panasonic plasmas.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X