• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice Needed - Student Son's housemate threatening violence !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy your son a mini video recorder and take the evidence to the police
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If it's anything like my daughter's setup, they rent the house between them and pay 1/3 each - they're not renting individual rooms separately. If it's like that, the landlord is unlikely to care whether or not they're getting along as long as the rent gets paid. They're unlikely to find someone else to take the room after the start of term, and it's a 12 month agreement. Difficult to see how to resolve it unless the landlord is sympathetic.

Comment

Useful linky below

Joint tenancies - Shelter England

Comment

Plant drugs, tip off Police...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            It doesn't. One of my brother son's was getting bullied at school. They went through all the channels and nothing. My brother went around the boys house and beat the tulip out of the father, and told him he'd do it every time his son bullied my brothers. It stopped overnight.

Violence is all this pricks understand. As much as that might sound daft, it's unfortunately true; make it very clear that's what the deal is, do a good enough job, and he wont be back.
            The "little" boy's mother will just ensure her son goes to the police and the son and the other housemate will get at least cautioned by the police. She has gone to the police already so don't expect her to change her tune.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If he is at uni then I am guessing he is at least 18, so tell him to get a can of man-up and deal with it himself and not go running to mummy and daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                If it's anything like my daughter's setup, they rent the house between them and pay 1/3 each - they're not renting individual rooms separately. If it's like that, the landlord is unlikely to care whether or not they're getting along as long as the rent gets paid. They're unlikely to find someone else to take the room after the start of term, and it's a 12 month agreement. Difficult to see how to resolve it unless the landlord is sympathetic.
                Yep really depends on the landlord.

Hopefully the landlord or their partner is a builder, as they don't take sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                  If he is at uni then I am guessing he is at least 18, so tell him to get a can of man-up and deal with it himself and not go running to mummy and daddy.
                  So if someone threatens you with violence you don't inform any of your family?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    So if someone threatens you with violence you don't inform any of your family?
                    Don't feed the twattish trolls Suze.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Anyone been in this situation? Any landlords out there?

Only 2 weeks into a joint tenancy (3 students sharing a house) one of the tenant's antisocial behaviour has already reached the stage where there are threats of violence and the police have become involved, e.g. "it's your turn to do the washing up" escalated to the problem person getting a mate round threatening to do violence to the other two (my son and one other), and his mother reporting my son and the other to the police for bullying

My advice to my son was involve (1) Police, (2) Landlord, (3) Student's Union

Anyone got any other or better (legal) suggestions?
                      Take the dirty washing up and put it in his bed.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X