• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL and Scottish University Places

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I had no idea getting a job in Subway was so difficult.
    well she kneaded the bread

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I think they'd right this one off,
      I didn't realise Scottish people wrote standard English in a different dialect of English to people in England.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Interestingly, if you have a French, or EU residence, you pay overseas fees for Jock Uni's and it's about £1800 a year.

4 year degrees there end in Masters too, iirc. I am thinking of sending the girls out to live in our place in Poitou-Charentes the summer they apply for Uni places. Anything but having to buy a place in Scotland...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          Interestingly, if you have a French, or EU residence, you pay overseas fees for Jock Uni's and it's about £1800 a year.

4 year degrees there end in Masters too, iirc. I am thinking of sending the girls out to live in our place in Poitou-Charentes the summer they apply for Uni places. Anything but having to buy a place in Scotland...
          It's actually the three years before they take in to consideration.

So you need to educate them in the French system or at a European school in France, with a home address in France French school for the last 3 years of their education.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I didn't realise Scottish people wrote standard English in a different dialect of English to people in England.
            u learn somit nu every day
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I believe Scottish pupils do their final exams a year earlier than the English, that accounts for the extra year at Uni.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I believe Scottish pupils do their final exams a year earlier than the English, that accounts for the extra year at Uni.
                Well yes but to truth would spoil this thread (and to be honest most others in general).....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Well yes but to truth would spoil this thread (and to be honest most others in general).....
                  The truth hurts.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    The truth hurts.
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      It's actually the three years before they take in to consideration.

So you need to educate them in the French system or at a European school in France, with a home address in France French school for the last 3 years of their education.
                      Not from the ones I have looked at; you need, and I quote, Undergraduate Courses: Students with qualifications from any international high school are expected to have results comparable to students from UK institutions.

Well, that would be covered. No time limits suggested. I have spoken to Edinburgh uni, and all they have to do, is apply.

It's also free for them to go, I was wrong about the €1800. All they have to do, is have comparable exam results from UK institutes.
                      Last edited by Old Hack; 23 September 2013, 19:51.

Comment

Working...
                      X