• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farting Risk Analysis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    N'night

I can't give you any positive rep, so

UPDATE: there are now trucks outside setting up a fairground on the village green, so to cancel out the noise of diesel engines I have had to shut the window. You will know tomorrow morning whether I have died of methane poisoning.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

UPDATE: there are now trucks outside setting up a fairground on the village green, so to cancel out the noise of diesel engines I have had to shut the window. You will know tomorrow morning whether I have died of methane poisoning.

I don't think you can kill yourself with your own farts.

Then again I've not stayed in the room if they are that bad.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I don't think you can kill yourself with your own farts.

Then again I've not stayed in the room if they are that bad.
        If you stay in the room, you become acclimatised.

It's when you leave to have a pee, then come back in, that it knocks you out.

Comment

Have I missed any risks and mitigations?
          Farts don't smell if you light them.

Whip out a cigarette lighter, cock one leg in the air and light that bad boy up as you let it rip. It produces a nice warm feeling in your anus but you have to watch it if you do a particularly long one because you can get a bit of a backdraft and an overly warm sensation. I can also inform you that you shouldn't do this in the computer room where they have highly sensitive fire detection equipment.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

To the original list I would like to add the crowded public place risk, where complete strangers take exception. Just the other week I was standing outside of a shop waiting for a friend and a young lady, who was a good six feet away, got quite upset and called me a 'joker'. I'm now on a rather crowded train and while I'm fairly certain I could get away with it as another train passes I'd be wary of letting rip in a station.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Are you dead?
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Well once the fairground trucks switched off their engines at about 2 AM I got up and opened the window; the room was more than a little smelly but was quickly freshened up by a blast of cold air. Saw the priest from the next room this morning and he was looking a bit worse for wear; as I didn't see him in the bar yesterday I presume he either; went off for some drinkies somewhere else, or suffered a minor case of cranial oxygen shortage. I hope it was the first.

Comment

Well once the fairground trucks switched off their engines at about 2 AM I got up and opened the window; the room was more than a little smelly but was quickly freshened up by a blast of cold air. Saw the priest from the next room this morning and he was looking a bit worse for wear; as I didn't see him in the bar yesterday I presume he either; went off for some drinkies somewhere else, or suffered a minor case of cranial oxygen shortage. I hope it was the first.
                  Poor bloke. If there is anyone going in to clean your room, I feel sorry for them.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Poor bloke. If there is anyone going in to clean your room, I feel sorry for them.
                    Yep, it'll be freezing as I left both windows wide open.

Comment

Yep, it'll be freezing as I left both windows wide open.
                      Very considerate. Well done on surviving the night MTT.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X