• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuuuming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    They've offered me £20.

I did explain that half a pair of semi decent shoes probably wouldn't cover losing my savings and sanity.
    The real scandal is that you think a pair of semi-decent shoes can be had for £40.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      This is a regulatory **** up of on a fairly significant level. You would be getting more than 20 quid If you were shouting "I'll be phoning the FSA in the morning dead" or rather "I'll be getting my butler..."
      Isn't it the FCA now? Based in moorgate?

At this point twitter and facebook become very useful too.

Comment

I can't deal with all the paparazzi. Not after last time.
        That was the colonoscopy team. Bloody sedatives.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          The real scandal is that you think a pair of semi-decent shoes can be had for £40.
          +1. If I were Chief Exec of Lloyds, I'd be leaking the recording of that conversation to Contractor Weekly right now.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
            I wonder if it's too much to hope that they've lost my mortgage account?
            There are a number of people that have had them written off in the last year as part of the munge. I worked with one of the chaps that was involved in the merging of the mortgage book and it would appear that they were faced with a loan book of several million mortgages going back over 25 years all on different types of product with very different business rules depending on the bank that wrote the mortgage. Trying to normalise them had been "emotional". So the easiest option was to kill any mortgage under X value...

Mary, Sorry to hear of the woes. +1 For the set Dominic on them option then go for the FSA replacement as well (this will be regulated by the bit that has teeth!)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I'm about to accept a contract with the FCA [Canary Wharf] actually.

The nearest TSB branch is about an hour away. Local banking my ass.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Yes and they are VERY hot on TCF = Treating Customers Fairly.

Use the term 'TCF Regulations' - They'll love you when you do!
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You might want to drop that into the next conversation you have with the Totally Stupid Bank.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There was an article in the Guardian this weekend about how it's going to become much easier to transfer your bank accounts. I don't think this is quite what they meant, though.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The nearest TSB branch is about an hour away. Local banking my ass.
                      Good luck. I still have the scars... There were good guys there but mostly dross and arse coverers.

Comment

Working...
                      X