• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seems a sabbatical is in order.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get well soon..

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      Cycling around the lanes by my new pad Saturday and I came around a corner, only to see a car was cutting it. Saw it a bit too late, and, well, to cut a long story short, I have a broken leg and fractured elbow. Couple of ops over the weekend and I reckon 3 - 4 months unable to operate. New gig started today too, and after 6 weeks off in France and a house move, so the coffers are low, and I get this. Hey ho, life is like this sometimes. Might give me an opportunity to sit back and think about the future for a while.
      Hard luck. I sometimes think it's bound to happen to cyclists some day when I see car drivers cutting off the bends. Then I remember that when I did my driving lessons, there was actually no attention whatsoever to the line you take through a bend. Then when I did some laps of Assen on a corporate jolly, the racing driver/instructor told us all that most people steer into bends much too early and so end up on the wrong side of the road coming out of the bend. He was pretty clear about it if people got more instruction on this there'd be a lot less accidents.

Still, get back to health and your own comfortable level of insanity soon!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I'd expect a company to be similar to a self employed person in that regard.

I may be completely misguided, but OTOH if a muppet drove their car into an Eddy Stobart lorry destroying £1 million of cargo I'm pretty sure Eddy's insurers would look to recover that loss from the other party's insurance, and I see no reason why the liability would be different if they weren't insured.
        Yes, but ES has insurance on which to claim - their insurance company will pay out and it's up to them to try and reclaim it from the guilty party.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X