• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seems a sabbatical is in order.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sorry to hear that. Get well soon and sue them til their nuts fall off!

When Diver tried to cut his hand off with a saw he spent long nights on tpd while the drugs kicked in. You are always welcome there.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Very sorry to hear that. Get well soon and sue them til their nuts fall off!

When Diver tried to cut his hand off with a saw he spent long nights on tpd while the drugs kicked in. You are always welcome there.....
      Wasn't it TPD that drove him to chop his hand off in the first place?

Comment

Sorry to hear that OH. Bloody nasty.

And it's a timely reminder for me (and others) to take it easy on the old motorbike (and bicycle) for those very reasons.

Hope you recover as soon as possible.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Fookin idiot cyclists.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That's two references to TPD I've seen recently, what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
              That's two references to TPD I've seen recently, what is it?
              http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...e-part-ii.html

A place to post any tulip you want to without boring anyone else (hint Psychocandy post there don't create new threads).
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Doesn't being a contractor with MOO and RoS cut both ways here - you only earn £600/month or whatever as well. Shouldn't your company have insurance to protect itself against loss of income in case a key member of staff is unable to work?

Serious question...
                I'd expect a company to be similar to a self employed person in that regard.

I may be completely misguided, but OTOH if a muppet drove their car into an Eddy Stobart lorry destroying £1 million of cargo I'm pretty sure Eddy's insurers would look to recover that loss from the other party's insurance, and I see no reason why the liability would be different if they weren't insured.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news. Glad to see you are still alive could have been so much worse.

Comment

Sorry to hear this OH, I hope your recovery is swift.

Are you a member of PCG ? If so dont they offer a free legal helpline ?

Comment

get well soon.

plenty of time to study something new.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X