• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSA claim - hmm bit different this time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Are you sure you are cut out to be an unemployed contractor?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Probably knowing this forum because you're one of the regulars who can do no wrong on here it seems....
      Oh don't be such a ******* moron. If I got the chance to ban Old Greg, I'd take it.

Moved to General.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        You are self employed. A company you own employs you, ergo you employ yourself.

Nice avatar NLUK, did you do it yourself?
        Don't be an idiot, they're complete remote from each other. You're an employee of X Ltd, which happens to list you as a director.

Self employment is literally you working as yourself, for yourself.

Sometimes, you are thicker than I thought you could be.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Oh don't be such a ******* moron. If I got the chance to ban Old Greg, I'd take it.

Moved to General.
          Its open house party time

I'll begin

Right PsychoCandy you are a cowboy moaning chancer who gives contractors a bad name.

In fact you make Suity look like contractor of the year and at least Suity knows to (correctly) post his stories in General
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Well, I've had enough of him cowering behind the professional forums. It's an abuse.

He's a ******* moron. Can we get this moved to General please, mods?

Yep, Mr Bulltulip Candy is a ******** moronic idiot who runs crying to the mods when he gets any neg rep. He has no balls to post in General and hence litters the business forums with his crap. Why they tolerate him and his imaginary pregnant missus and his imaginary ltd company, in the business forums I do not know.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              Self employment is literally you working as yourself, for yourself.
              Without the benefit of limited liability.

Comment

The world has gone mad. Contractors claiming JSA. ******* hell. We'll have cats and dogs flying helicopters next.

My pride wouldn't allow me to claim JSA. Were I ever to become that desperate I'd certainly not post about it on here.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Moved to General.
                  Funny, wasn't NLUK banned for saying exactly the same thing as OG did? You would probably know, since you updated the "Who's been banned" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    The world has gone mad. Contractors claiming JSA. ******* hell. We'll have cats and dogs flying helicopters next.

My pride wouldn't allow me to claim JSA. Were I ever to become that desperate I'd certainly not post about it on here.
                    Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. We may well be 'allowed' to claim, but I think it's a bit morally dodgy. I guess if you have zero warchest as I'm guessing is the case, it would be something to consider. Although I still don't think I would do it!
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                      Funny, wasn't NLUK banned for saying exactly the same thing as OG did? You would probably know, since you updated the "Who's been banned" thread.
                      Cojak banned him - I updated the thread. In this instance, I felt the thread properly belonged in General.

I don't think there's anything immoral about getting money out of the system if you've a legal entitlement and you've paid plenty of money into the system. I just couldn't be bothered with the paperwork.

In order for me to get the Swiss unemployment benefit, I'd have to shut my company down. As it costs a few thou. to set up, it's not done lightly.

Comment

Working...
                      X