• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Play fair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Neither can I, because words fail me. It's beyond parody.
    You are a rotten egg.

I am suity, you all love me and you know it. Now shush.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Neither can I, because words fail me. It's beyond parody.
      I'm still quite green here but is the OP for real? This and the 'no-one knows what they're doing but me' rant posts are making me sense a pattern.

Or rather smell one....
      Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Originally posted by Mephisto View Post
        I'm still quite green here but is the OP for real?
        There are some very freaky people here. Oddly most seem quite normal in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          On paper I'm owed 17K.

This is a short term cash flow problem. I am a bonehead for not checking, but the agency is a big concern so would have thought they would be able to negotiate.

Little guy gets ****ed.

It was only your last timesheet that is delayed isnt it ? You are owed 17K on that ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Rather than mocking you for a simple mistake and showing incredulity you are living hand-to-mouth on your contracting invoices in the first place, I am going to suggest you just take out a loan that will allow you to pay it back in a month cheaply.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Try www.loansharksRus.com
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Rather than mocking you for a simple mistake and showing incredulity you are living hand-to-mouth on your contracting invoices in the first place, I am going to suggest you just take out a loan that will allow you to pay it back in a month cheaply.
                I've always ignored that issue as I find it very hard to believe. For me 1 invoice =2.5-3 months living expenses. I really can't see how you can contract for a long time and not have a substantial warchest.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I've always ignored that issue as I find it very hard to believe. For me 1 invoice =2.5-3 months living expenses. I really can't see how you can contract for a long time and not have a substantial warchest.
                  WHS

If you're spending all what you earn from contracting and have no war chest you're doing something very very wrong.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    183 days is 6 months.

I was there for 4. 5 days a week.

16 x 5 = 80

HTH
                    Bear in mind that if you travelled to or fro on weekend days those days will count as well, also 4 months is likely to be more than 16 weeks unless all of them were February.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

17K is way too far over exposed
                      sounds like you are invoicing at the end of the month then waiting 2-3 months to be paid ?

and now this gig is bailing the previous one out ?

if it were me, I would be having sleepless nights, I dont care how big the agency was

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X