• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cunningly hide some claymores on his desk, he might get the hint then
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Got a co-worker (only works 2 days a week mind, looks like something out of the Wonga ads) and he sits there all day tapping and drumming his fingers on his desk.

Driving me but I'm too polite to say anything.

Any inventive ways of solving this?
      Why?

Try 'That's incredibly irritating.' with a direct level 3 MaryP glare.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Got a co-worker (only works 2 days a week mind, looks like something out of the Wonga ads) and he sits there all day tapping and drumming his fingers on his desk.

Driving me but I'm too polite to say anything.

Any inventive ways of solving this?
        Don't worry about it as by the time she is in next you would have been canned anyway
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Do try and play along now
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Why?

Try 'That's incredibly irritating.' with a direct level 3 MaryP glare.
          KUATB

The sensible approach has already been rejected.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Send Zeity a PM and ask if he'll lend you his 'mallet of understanding'.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Meat cleaver
              Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Two alternatives;

- Superglue on the desk

- Nitro-glycerine on the desk

Which would give you the bigger laugh?
              Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              "please stop drumming your fingers on the desk - its annoying"

Or you could escalate. Or resign - just as you were bringing the project back from the brink and making it a success.....
              Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              A thin layer of treacle the surface of the desk
              Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              Cunningly hide some claymores on his desk, he might get the hint then
              I think you are all fixating on the wrong aspect of this problem, why not cut Suitys ears off? Burst his ear drums? Fill his ear with cement? etc so he can no longer here the irritation, other ways to ignore the irritation can be found here
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I didn't say who should have the meat cleaver but it would be a quick solution as suity would be asked to leave the building by security.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I think you are all fixating on the wrong aspect of this problem, why not cut Suitys ears off? Burst his ear drums? Fill his ear with cement? etc so he can no longer here the irritation, other ways to ignore the irritation can be found here
                  Can't we chop off suitys' fingers so we no longer have to put up with his posts?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Available at very reasonable cost.
                    How much to borrow the anal probe? Or are you still trying to retrieve it from the lustee?

Comment

Why not get some headphones that drown him out?

Comment

Working...
                      X