• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Privacy vs Paranoia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    like we are going to listen to someone on the Blonde pile ? :

Seriously after you have dealt with a few of our nations 'finest' you realise you wouldn't want most of them anywhere near your personal data.
    The prosecutions for illegal access to Tax records are laughably low.
    Police have been known to run vendetta's against individuals.
    Councils and political figures use statistical data (both public and I imagine private) for political ends daily.
    They can't even manage NI numbers properly.

Like the lass on her knees at the festival, once its out (or in) on camera you can't take it back.

I want the people monitoring communications and using the information watched like a hawk at all times and laws surrounding it to be rigid and fair so that politicians can't change them at will. That is the price of my data.

You are probably right I guess I just think there is tulipty stuff that needs doing that involves an invasion of privacy but if it keeps me safe and my son safe from some nutter terrorist then so be it.

We have to be able to trust those entrusted with look at and keeping hold of that stuff and I acknowledge it's next to impossible to do that but what is the alternative?

That dopey bint at Slane (that stinking cess pool of teenage over excitment) will never live this down. Which is why we need to be sure our kids aren't stupid enough to do daft things like that. We need to educate them to have respect for themselves. I bet she and her family are thoroughly mortified.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      That dopey bint at Slane (that stinking cess pool of teenage over excitment) will never live this down.
      OTOH, she might have started a fashion.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Which is why we need to be sure our kids aren't stupid enough to do daft things like that. We need to educate them to have respect for themselves. I bet she and her family are thoroughly mortified.
        yes sorry probably a bad example, but the message I was hoping to convey is the expectation of privacy is gone and people you don't sanction will use your data as they see fit.

agree we need to teach our kids to respect their disclosures. That doesn't mean they can't do naughty things, just make sure they don't let someone record it.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That doesn't mean they can't do naughty things, just make sure they get paid a tulipload of money if someone records it.
          ftfy

Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            ftfy

Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?
            good point, luckily I have never had to sell my body (well nobody would pay for it anyway) so I didn't consider that.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

yes sorry probably a bad example, but the message I was hoping to convey is the expectation of privacy is gone and people you don't sanction will use your data as they see fit.

agree we need to teach our kids to respect their disclosures. That doesn't mean they can't do naughty things, just make sure they don't let someone record it.
              There is no room for them to make mistakes any more. That's very sad.

It upsets me that we've allowed childhood from this point on to be irrecoverably corrupted so that someone can get rich from trying to sell us tulip we don't need. That's as bad as any environmental or financial catastrophe we might inflict upon future generations, and the fact is we're all complicit in it because we did nothing to stop it.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
              X