• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Faff off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    To prove yourself, solve a hard problem nobody else wants, with no help and no whining.
    Like how to get rid of the new BA...
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You can't go in as an unknown and start shouting the odds. You have to prove yourself first. Then they will listen. To prove yourself, solve a hard problem nobody else wants, with no help and no whining.
      Hell has frozen over. An aussielong post I can agree with
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You can't go in as an unknown and start shouting the odds. You have to prove yourself first. Then they will listen. To prove yourself, solve a hard problem nobody else wants, with no help and no whining.
        Hi AL, here's your stakeholders, you have 4 weeks to gather the requirements and write up the functional spec.

Constraints : No one will listen to you. People will carry on doing their own thing regardless. Any attempt to bring order will be shot down in flames. Any questions will be largely ignored. When we said we had baselined the high level requirements, we lied.

Best of luck!
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          No one will listen to you.
          There's a reason for that.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

PS What happened in Germany? Did they can you?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              PS What happened in Germany? Did they can you?
              No, they are currently tapping me up to go back.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'd do it if I was you, it sounds like you're ****ed in this new place.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The problem with selling information or advice is that wise people don't need it and stupid people won't take it.

I have come to realise that most of the time my clients were dumb when I got there and still dumb when I left. The only difference is that I had the pleasure of leaving site richer than I arrived, and knowing more.

Comment

If you go back I'd have a look at getting European breakdown cover

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      If you go back I'd have a look at getting European breakdown cover

Comment

Working...
                      X