• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have we done...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    IF you were in her situation what would you have done?
    I didn't breast feed so it's difficult for me to say. But I'd have given him a bottle while I was talking.... and I don't honestly see the difference.

The problem is she should probably have said 'do you mind if I feed him?' even if it was just paying lip service to the idea of having some manners about it.
    Last edited by cailin maith; 8 August 2013, 09:47.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I find it funny that the parents on here are all saying that the job centre are in the wrong, but are refusing to criticise the woman. Just because some people need to have children to justify their existence or to maintain the illusion they are leaving some kind of legacy. don't inflict it on the rest of us who don't want to have to deal with screaming babies in restaurants. See disgusting sagging breasts covered in stretchmarks, or have to fight our way through trollies to get a sandwich at lunchtime. Having children is a choice and a right, but so should be not wanting them and not having to tolerate them.
      Without women having children today they are depriving DimPrawn of a new girlfriend in 16 years. Just think on that.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I find it funny that the parents on here are all saying that the job centre are in the wrong, but are refusing to criticise the woman. Just because some people need to have children to justify their existence or to maintain the illusion they are leaving some kind of legacy. don't inflict it on the rest of us who don't want to have to deal with screaming babies in restaurants. See disgusting sagging breasts covered in stretchmarks, or have to fight our way through trollies to get a sandwich at lunchtime. Having children is a choice and a right, but so should be not wanting them and not having to tolerate them.
        And you were doing quite well on the thinking front with some other posts.
        It's a disappointment that you're YAC.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
          Depends.

Assuming she covered up and did this discretely then no problem.

If she's like my sister in law, on the other hand, who always flops both her baps right out in my living room then I'd agree that it's somewhat unsettling.

You just don't know where to look.
          Yes you do.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Having children is a choice and a right, but so should be not wanting them and not having to tolerate them.
            I'd quite like to live in a world without idiots, is that a right? I think the government should be doing more to keep them away from me so I don't have to suffer.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              And you were doing quite well on the thinking front with some other posts.
              It's a disappointment that you're YAC.
              YAC?

I have some strong views on things, and one of them is population growth. You are a statistician, look at the numbers. There are varying projections on the rate of growth, but by 2050 the world population will have increased by 30-50%. We are constantly being told about food crisis, fuel shortages, mineral depletion and not enough housing and creative ways in which we can reduce consumption. But no one targets the other side of the problem, the increase in population of the world. In this country alone, we are in a culture of subsidising council-mums to an extent it is stupid for them to even consider going back to work and people are growing up thinking a family is something they have to do. When in reality, there are so many otherthings people can do with their lives, I have a lot of holidays, eat out most nights, can move wherever I like, see my friends when I like, am not really tied into a relationship (how many people are in unhappy relationships "because of the kids"?)

Comment

YAC?

I have some strong views on things, and one of them is population growth. You are a statistician, look at the numbers. There are varying projections on the rate of growth, but by 2050 the world population will have increased by 30-50%. We are constantly being told about food crisis, fuel shortages, mineral depletion and not enough housing and creative ways in which we can reduce consumption. But no one targets the other side of the problem, the increase in population of the world. In this country alone, we are in a culture of subsidising council-mums to an extent it is stupid for them to even consider going back to work and people are growing up thinking a family is something they have to do. When in reality, there are so many otherthings people can do with their lives, I have a lot of holidays, eat out most nights, can move wherever I like, see my friends when I like, am not really tied into a relationship (how many people are in unhappy relationships "because of the kids"?)
                When you put it like that, training the majority of the population to be good little worker bee consumer drones who don't breed is probably the right idea.

Of course, then we would have to put benefits up so that they could afford lots of holidays and meals out.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

YAC?

YAC=Yet Another Cretin.

2 points, as a statistician:

1) The population argument has been overstated. Current thinking is that the world will peak at 10 billion and that that is sustainable.

2) Population growth is not a problem in the West, rather the opposite.

Biologically people exist to propagate their genes. They have no purpose beyond that - and that is why the drive to have children is strong - but you have to have be grown-up for that, not a perpetually adolescent boy, which seems to be the trend nowadays.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      YAC=Yet Another Cretin.

2 points, as a statistician:

1) The population argument has been overstated. Current thinking is that the world will peak at 10 billion and that that is sustainable.

2) Population growth is not a problem in the West, rather the opposite.

Biologically people exist to propagate their genes. They have no purpose beyond that - and that is why the drive to have children is strong - but you have to have be grown-up for that, not a perpetually adolescent boy, which seems to be the trend nowadays.
                      I don't understand how it will stop increasing, this must mean that either people are stopping breeding or people are dying younger. With an ageing population (where 100+ will soon not be unusual), better healthcare, healthier lifestyles and no real advancements in contraception, I don't see how the population will stop growing.

Comment

Working...
                      X