• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in/around leeds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of smaller places nearby:
    - Ilkley if you like a walk in the country plus an interesting little town
    - Skipton castle is good for a couple of hours and the town is nice too
    - Saltaire with the museum is ok
    - Walk along the Leeds Liverpool canal at a number of places - very theraputic
    - Harewood House on the North side of Leeds, good for a wander around and have a look at the house
    - Temple Newsam for a wander and a round of municiple golf
    - Armouries, City Museum etc.

Have a look on here

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      LGI or Jimmy's?

LGI is close to City Centre, Jimmy's is a fair way out up near Harehills.
      Nope. Jimmy's is about 15 mins walk to the centre or 5 mins drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
        Nope. Jimmy's is about 15 mins walk to the centre or 5 mins drive.
        Still a fair way compared to LGI which is like 2 mins walk! It's about half an hours walk from Jimmy's surely?

Comment

Still a fair way compared to LGI which is like 2 mins walk! It's about half an hours walk from Jimmy's surely?
          Nah. 15 mins from Jimmy's to the market. Another 5 up to The Light or that general area. Well, it is if you're young and fit like me. If you're old and bloated it might take you longer

Comment

Nah. 15 mins from Jimmy's to the market. Another 5 up to The Light or that general area. Well, it is if you're young and fit like me. If you're old and bloated it might take you longer
            Thanks,

I have the car with me so should be easy enough to get back to from anywhere within a 20 mile radius

Comment

Actually I'd had a defibrillator fitted at LGI, three weeks in there, then four weeks in isolation ward with a related infection at Jimmy's hardly getting out of bed so I'd lost a bit of pace I think! I can do the Market to The Light in 4 I think!

LGI was great, didn't like Jimmy's, God I was bored. Ended up watching the same ep of Location, Location, Location about 30 times. 2012 was a shiite year, my Horrible Anus....

Comment

2012 was a shiite year, my Horrible Anus....
                Sounds like a pain in the arse.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                  Thanks,

I have the car with me so should be easy enough to get back to from anywhere within a 20 mile radius
                  One word - Leeds City Centre Loop!

Hahaha! Specially designed to frustrate the first timer.

CBRD » In Depth » City Centre Loop

Comment

One word - Leeds City Centre Loop!

Hahaha! Specially designed to frustrate the first timer.

CBRD » In Depth » City Centre Loop
                    First timer? I still get confused after 10 years (although granted I only visit a few times a year)
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                      I just looked it up on rightmove, you get a lot for your money up north. I am looking at 1 bedroom flats for twice the price
                      Bear in mind that Rightmove only gives the lowest end of the auction valuation, not the hammer price.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X