• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project Gangnam Style

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I can try Janet and John speak if it helps as plain English didn't cut it with you. Then again you aren't all there are you

Steps in a project :

Call darmstadt
    Tell him what needs doing
    Agree a price
    Let him be (no PMs, BAs, meetings, interference, any of that tulip, etc.)
    Finished on, or before time, with extras, professionally
    FTFY
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I can try Janet and John speak if it helps as plain English didn't cut it with you. Then again you aren't all there are you

Steps in a project :

Business case signed off.
      Get budget.
      Plan phase 1.
      Hire staff.
      Get cracking.

In this case

Hire staff.
      Get cracking.
      Define business case.
      Get budget (or not )
      Plan phase 1.

Does this help? ...
      That is kind of what I thought. But I found it hard to believe anyone would be daft enought to sign up for a project in this state.

(Or possibly it's because I'm just a dumb techy).
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Couple of points.

1. WGAS

2. What's all this permie speak bollox? Baseline the requirements? PMSL.

Just get over yourself and deliver for once.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Worked with tonnes of difficult stakeholders and am an excellent BA with some large projects for big names under my belt successfully. Next?
          It certainly sorted out those detached from reality!

Otherwise, always on the lookout for good BAs, if you can cope with a disorganised PM with no base-lined requirements of course!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Hire staff.
            Get cracking.
            Define business case.
            Get budget (or not )
            Plan phase 1.
            I'm new to this formal planning process, is this called Agile? I think I understand waterfall where each level pisses on the one below it.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              That is kind of what I thought. But I found it hard to believe anyone would be daft enought to sign up for a project in this state.

(Or possibly it's because I'm just a dumb techy).
              I was lied to. I was told the project was stood up. This happened to me once before, and I turned it around admirably.

I wasn't having a winge, more saying "here we go again", but considering the PM has been called out on this by me there's a good chance I won't get the chance.

We'll see.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I was lied to. I was told the project was stood up. This happened to me once before, and I turned it around admirably.

I wasn't having a winge, more saying "here we go again", but considering the PM has been called out on this by me there's a good chance I won't get the chance.

We'll see.
                What do you mean 'the PM has been called out on this'...Do you know what is happening in the background? You may well be a great BA, but you are sounding a wee bit naive! Things aren't always black and white you know.

Comment

We'll see.
                  Hey Suity, dont get me wrong, you sound like a US Navy Seal at times, the man to get things done, but every time you post about your new gig I get the feeling of Deja Vu.

Its the same thing again and again, 10 interviews before you get the gig, you go in and find that the project is in a tulip state, you then admirably turn it around and show the PM how things are done, project is back on track and going great and you get sacked. Rinse repeat in various parts of UK, Germany and some other countries you managed to get in.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Take your baseline, put in in a requirements freeze, call thrice daily scrums in the war room, starting with a kick-off meeting and check all deliverables against the product risk matrix, then synergize your resources into a crack commando that delivers a top class HR solution to your stakeholders.

I'm feeling slightly sick now.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I wasn't having a winge
                      Yeah you were.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X