• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

arab civilization ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth
    So is probably fair enough comment. If your country has a major natural resource what is the point of developing loads of other industries? Not as if they have any aesthetic value.

As it happens I live in the one are of the English mainland that does have comercial oil reserves. If I dig my own well in the garden do I own it or does the sodding government claim it?

If your country has a major national resource that is finite (oil) then of course you diversify!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      This is Britain, Xogg, what do you think?

My title deeds tell me that they can knock my house down to extract gravel if they so wish... any coal belongs to the NCB or whatever it's called these days and any oil belongs to whoever has bought the concession I'd guess, which counts me out.
      Well if you were in NZ then you would own everything between the top of your property and the centre of the earth...unless of course there was a minerals caveat on your property, in which case everything belongs to the government.

This being England Id assume everything automagically belongs to Fat Tony and his stooges.

Mailman

Comment

Indeed Churchill but not until necessary and I suppose they have a few decades yet. By the time the Saudis have not enough oil left to support their population, it's hard to see how there will be any world economy left for them to sell goods or services to anyway. We are all doomed!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X