• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclists....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    All you say is correct. But consider the number of times pedestrians just walk into the road causing cyclists to swerve - sometimes in a daze and sometimes on phone. Worse they sometimes see a cyclist and decide the cyclist can swerve anyway - after all if a cyclist hits a pedestrian the pedestrian does not get hurt do they?

As I have repeatedly said, the biggest danger to cyclists is not cars but pedestrians.
    Biggest danger here is old fogies on electric bikes
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

last night some muppet in a Van got the full force of my bike horn. Yes If I am coming from your right on a roundabout I do have priority even on two wheels. I'm going slowly because muppets like you pull out on me, not to let you out.

Pedestrians are an absolute pain, I am caught yelling at them .. see that picture of the bicycle muppet????? The picture of the person walking is over there try using your side idiot!!!!!!!!!!! BEEEEEEPPPPP

Get a big bike horn , use it frequently and searchlight front & rear lights its the only way.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I got a bike horn when I was commuting around west London. There were forever people wandering into the bike lanes on phones, or just in a daze. It was a monster. 115dB. Loud as a pneumatic drill. It even scared the tulipe out of me, and I was behind it and knew it was coming.

The first time I needed to use it in anger, the wandering pedestrian in question was deaf.

True story.

And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          All you say is correct. But consider the number of times pedestrians just walk into the road causing cyclists to swerve - sometimes in a daze and sometimes on phone. Worse they sometimes see a cyclist and decide the cyclist can swerve anyway - after all if a cyclist hits a pedestrian the pedestrian does not get hurt do they?

As I have repeatedly said, the biggest danger to cyclists is not cars but pedestrians.
          Agreed.

This time last year I was working in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire and did most of my getting around on an old hack iron bougt for the purpose.

I very quickly came to the conclusions that (1) a dozy pedestrian would make a softer landing for me than a car/ bus/ truck, and (2) I would not swerve into the flow of traffic to avoid a dozy bike rider who endangers me, rather I would happily deposit him on the pavement/ bike lane.

Fortunately, I never needed to apply either of these, but would have had no qualms whatsoever in doing so.

Comment

Haven't got time to go into as much detail as you guys have, but I am also always in the right whenever I use the road.

hth,
            tl

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              Haven't got time to go into as much detail as you guys have, but I am also always in the right whenever I use the road.

hth,
              tl
              about sums it up

Everyone Is An Asshole - CollegeHumor Article

Comment

If you thought our roads are bad...

Cyclists brave 700-metre drops on Bolivia's North Yungas Road aka 'the world's deadliest road' | Mail Online (Wail link - sorry!)

Comment

I'm on a motherf*cking bike

Comment

Working...
                  X