• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclists....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate it when the bastards lean on your car...and I'm a cyclist. Living in very rural Somerset, the B roads are full of the twats, 2, 3 a breast in pelatons. However, if they were popping along at 30mph, it wouldn't be so bad, but some are just having a jolly and pottling around at 10mph, having a chat.

They really do get to me.

Comment

I think you should all have a nice cup of tea and a calm down.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        It doesn't work.

When a cyclist wants you to kill them by how they ride how can you stay calm?

<rant>
        I swear in London that both cyclists and pedestrians have no speed awareness.

I'm actually going to end up seriously injurying someone in wet weather who cycles out or walks out on me without looking.

Oh and I'm one of those annoying drivers who will drive exactly at the speed limit on roads where I know there are plenty of these idiots.

I've noticed other drivers in my area doing the same as there have been fatalities. The drivers never got charged.

</rant>
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          whs
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Seriously, some of you are getting too wound up about this. The dickhead cyclists act like dickheads because they're stressed out from sitting in stressy traffic with other stressy people who all act like dickheads, but are probably mostly quite reasonable and friendly people when they're not on the road. By getting all stressed and angry you're just adding to the general bad mood, which just makes things worse. Calm down and don't lower yourself to their level.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Today's dickhead in a car award goes to the twat who decided to pull into the inside lane at the end of the bus lane without indicating or looking to see if there was anyone actually in it first, because it would get him on the front at the lights.

Very nearly went straight into the side of him, and then he has the cheek to yell at me for not looking where I'm going. If I hadn't been looking where I was going I would have hit him.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Today's dickhead in a car award goes to the twat who decided to pull into the inside lane at the end of the bus lane without indicating or looking to see if there was anyone actually in it first, because it would get him on the front at the lights.

Very nearly went straight into the side of him, and then he has the cheek to yell at me for not looking where I'm going. If I hadn't been looking where I was going I would have hit him.
                ...as opposed to the lycra-clad prat this morning who shot past on my inside - a gap no wider than his stupid kiddy cycle - at some speed as the lights went green, ignoring the minor detail that I couldn't leave him any space between the kerb and the car because of the right-turning bus and the next road island. Luckily for him I check my mirrors properly when moving off and stopped before he hit me.

As I said earlier, you want respect on the road, don't put yourself in danger. Defensive driving isn't limited to people with engines; anticipating the inevtiable dickhead is part of staying alive.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  ...as opposed to the lycra-clad prat this morning who shot past on my inside - a gap no wider than his stupid kiddy cycle - at some speed as the lights went green, ignoring the minor detail that I couldn't leave him any space between the kerb and the car because of the right-turning bus and the next road island. Luckily for him I check my mirrors properly when moving off and stopped before he hit me.

As I said earlier, you want respect on the road, don't put yourself in danger. Defensive driving isn't limited to people with engines; anticipating the inevtiable dickhead is part of staying alive.
                  As a cyclist I fully agree with you. I bet that cyclist is a moronic car driver too.

Comment

I went swimming this morning. There was lane etiquette anger in the pool too. Some dangerous overtaking into oncoming traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      I went swimming this morning. There was lane etiquette anger in the pool too. Some dangerous overtaking into oncoming traffic.
                      WSS

I came downstairs this morning and was cut up by two young children trying to get to the breakfast table. Horrible it was, sugar puffs everywhere.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X