• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    300 bhp from a V12 6.0L
    Yeah, 30 years ago. These days with a bit of chiptuning you'll get close to 300 from a v6 3.0 diesel.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Yeah, 30 years ago. These days with a bit of chiptuning you'll get close to 300 from a v6 3.0 diesel.
      That engine (6.0) was actually introduced 1993.

Toyota Supra MK IV was introduced the same year with 320 bhp from a 3 litre engine.....

Comment

That engine (6.0) was actually introduced 1993.

Toyota Supra MK IV was introduced the same year with 320 bhp from a 3 litre engine.....
        It's not just about bhp, but torque, sound, feel, longevity and the ability to look down one's long nose at the hoi polloi.

Comment

300 bhp from a V12 6.0L

No wonder everyone bought German and Jap cars.
          I had a 1975 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, 8.2 litre, 150hp

Still, enough torque to pull a tree stump out....

Comment

I shan't dwell on the 200+ euros a week of Saudi Arabia's finest desert juice that it burns every week, but I do get a lot of fun in return. I just go really irritatingly slowly around a roundabout with Audiman or Golfchav getting really wound up about 2 centimetres behind me, then leave the roundabout or junction in a sedate, stately manner and as soon as I'm pointing in straight line I put my foot down. Vooom! Bye bye Audiman! They just sort of get smaller in the mirror, quickly.

Childish I know, but fun.
            I'll think about the €140 of finest 102 octane fuel that I put in a week whilst sitting on the motorway to and from work. Travelling sedately, moving lanes, as and when required, when occassionally along comes a Jaguar (except the F-type), Big Beemer, Big Merc, Big bottom-bandit Audi, etc. who decide to sit on my tail when in the 3rd or 4th lane. With a flick of the indicator I move over and allow them to get alongside when I realise I'm only in 4th so off I go and wave toodle-pip while they wonder how such a small 4 door family saloon can do the Time Warp! :-)

(Mind you, just put 4 new tyres on this week which set me back €1800. I could have bought a Golf for that and run it into the ground for travelling to and from work and then just replace it each year!)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

To be fair, Ferrari were getting 240hp from a 3.0 v8 back then & the Audi Quattro had close to 100BHP/litre but that had a turbocharger which is cheating a bit. The BMW M635 was pretty powerful as well, had the engine out of the M1.

The jag V12 was popular for replica Ferrari Daytonas IIRC.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                To be fair, Ferrari were getting 240hp from a 3.0 v8 back then & the Audi Quattro had close to 100BHP/litre but that had a turbocharger which is cheating a bit. The BMW M635 was pretty powerful as well, had the engine out of the M1.
                But their owners were getting their arses bruised by every little irregularity on the road surface.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  I had a 1975 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, 8.2 litre, 150hp

Still, enough torque to pull a tree stump out....
                  I remember I had a Lincoln Continental MK IV 2 door coupe, red with white vinyl roof, blue leather interior, 8 track cassette player, 7.5 litre, 365 bhp. Heap of tulip and extremely dangerous driving down English country lanes.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Just get a Mondeo.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I shan't dwell on the 200+ euros a week of Saudi Arabia's finest desert juice that it burns every week, but I do get a lot of fun in return. I just go really irritatingly slowly around a roundabout with Audiman or Golfchav getting really wound up about 2 centimetres behind me, then leave the roundabout or junction in a sedate, stately manner and as soon as I'm pointing in straight line I put my foot down. Vooom! Bye bye Audiman! They just sort of get smaller in the mirror, quickly.

Childish I know, but fun.
                      BTW, is that the V8 one? A friend had one and I will admit I was quite envious, they're very nice, both in looks (especially all black) and sound.

Comment

Working...
                      X