• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House buying at an auction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    My gallery and picture framing business is only about 4 miles away, I'm sure you'll be needing some pictures and framing.

Good luck with the conversion.
    PM me details - current house is awash with pictures that need framing, and we'll have a LOT of wallspace!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Its cheap because it's in Todmorden. A place where electicity is seen as being the work of the devil!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        Its cheap because it's in Todmorden. A place where electicity is seen as being the work of the devil!
        he is in the right place, a de-consecrated church!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Only a fool would do otherwise

(Fingers crossed for the Halifax to come up with the money)
          You wouldn't believe how many people wing it - the funny thing is, a lot of people who buy at auction have been in property for years so should know better.

Comment

strikes me unless there are serious problems with the property it looks like a bargain.

Planning permission granted, No graveyard and the services are in, so long as its not about to fall down or the listed status is causing problems then its worth a lot more than £150k. Actually would have thought most contractors could pay that from the change dish.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm confused from the photos, it looks like it's still a church AND a house?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
                You wouldn't believe how many people wing it - the funny thing is, a lot of people who buy at auction have been in property for years so should know better.
                I was surprised at how many people didn't bother to take any ID with them, despite it being all over the catalogue, the website, the registration form (which you need to complete before they give you a bidders number)...

I almost bought a road in London yesterday as well, but MrsF would have killed me. It's addictive this auction malarkey.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It's funny you never see any Mosques or Synagogues up for sale do you?

Anyone get the feeling Christianity is doomed....

Anyways, well done and good luck. It's not as impressive or expensive as sasguru's Surrey mansion, but it's certainly interesting and exciting build project I'm sure.

Comment

Christianity is simply adjusting to the number of people who are actually Christians, rather than a state religion where everyone goes to church as a matter of course. When you think how every tiny village used to have a chapel or church, clearly that is overkill - you don't see mosques closing because there are hardly any of them in comparison!
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I'm confused from the photos, it looks like it's still a church AND a house?
                      Would that make it the house of God?
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X