• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wedding speeches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for the bride.... a husband is like a tiled floor

Lay it right the first time and you can spend the rest of your life walking all over it.

Got a laugh when I was a best man anyway

Comment

My friend is researching as we speak and it appears that the grooms speech is supposed to be less funny and more thanky & mushy.

My friend also wants to know who and when do you give the pressies and thanks to the bridesmaids, mothers in law, ushers and page boys?? Is that in the grooms speech?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        My friend is researching as we speak and it appears that the grooms speech is supposed to be less funny and more thanky & mushy.

My friend also wants to know who and when do you give the pressies and thanks to the bridesmaids, mothers in law, ushers and page boys?? Is that in the grooms speech?
        have you never been to a wedding before?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

WIS.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Been to loads. Normally four sheets to the wind when it gets to the speeches.

Errrr. My friend is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Would you invite MF to your wedding???

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Would you invite MF to your wedding???
                Why do you think I asked the question......
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Normally four sheets to the wind when it gets to the speeches.
                  Will it be different this time?

Comment

He's researching five wedding speech heckler put downs just in case. He says he has some mates who may try it on to be slaughter the groom.

Comment

Best advice is that if he's not naturally funny *and also* comfortable speaking in public then don't try to make jokes.

If he must..."Mother-in-law" is an anagram of "Woman Hitler".

Comment

Working...
                      X