• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid part 2?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Best of luck. You'll be alright; you must be pretty bloody fit by now.
    And he is far, far too stubborn to quit

Good Luck you nutjob.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Because he can.
      I can drink 15 pints of Stella and then take on the bouncers of the local nightclub knowing that I'm invincible but I don't do that every weekend. I sometimes think its best to know that you can.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I can drink 15 pints of Stella and then take on the bouncers of the local nightclub knowing that I'm invincible but I don't do that every weekend. I sometimes think its best to know that you can.
        You see, the question is a bit difficult to answer; athletes don't ask themselves why they cycle and run stupid distances or run very fast or smash into other people trying to carry a ball; they just get on with it and do it. When they start asking themselves why, they're generally coming to the end of their sporting career (or about to start another) and the doubts are creeping in. I realised I didn't enjoy playing rugby any more, I just enjoyed being good at something and as I got older although my mind and techniques got better, I couldn't become a better player as the younger guys were bigger, faster and fitter while I was getting injured every few weeks and had a couple of chronic injuries that will never go away. So I've switched to cycling, I enjoy it and I'm getting better and better at it. I don't know why I enjoy it; I just get on with it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bonkers, but good luck Brillo.

Comment

Because he can.
            He hopes. So do I, go get 'em you crazy loon.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Though of course my immediate aim is to beat Dallas at Midnight(wo)man.
              I presume you're doing the full distance? Let me know what it's like, I'm chalking up my 1st half iron this year, with the aim of doing a full iron next year, and am looking for possible events. As for the double....
              And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

One question.

Why?
                http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1566493

I am going to show you who is the deluded one......

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                  I presume you're doing the full distance? Let me know what it's like, I'm chalking up my 1st half iron this year, with the aim of doing a full iron next year, and am looking for possible events. As for the double....
                  I am doing the double. I have done 2 singles so far with another in 5.5 weeks. Today I did a half iron man as a training day......

Comment

I can drink 15 fl ozs of weak shandy and then take on the bouncers of the local nightclub at tiddlywinks knowing that I'm invincible but I don't do that every weekend. I sometimes think its best to know that you can. And if I can't I can cry about it.
                    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      And he is far, far too stubborn to quit

Good Luck you nutjob.
                      Since you didn't turn up for Slateman I am expecting your support. Or at least you can share a G+T with Mrs BP once she gets down Snowden at 9am threatening to cut my nuts off. Which I know will be a lie as she cut them off years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X