• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Just upgraded (thanks Stek) and very nice it is too apart from some icons that seem to have been designed by a child.

http://jonyiveredesignsthings.tumblr.com/ is true is so many ways.
    Beta 2 ten times faster!

As it Mavericks DP2 - my Windows machine at work is utter pants compared, and it's some of super-Dell....

Comment

It's that time of year again, hoping the news lives upto the hype, a 14.3-inch six-core MacBook Pro with 32gb RAM, don't want to think of the price but as my seven year old MBP is on it's last leg's its a perfect time to upgrade!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        It's that time of year again, hoping the news lives upto the hype, a 14.3-inch six-core MacBook Pro with 32gb RAM, don't want to think of the price but as my seven year old MBP is on it's last leg's its a perfect time to upgrade!
        That time of year when all my products feel just a bit older and out of date

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          That time of year when all my products feel just a bit older and out of date
          And slower??
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Things I'd like to see announced today:

1. iPhone charging that works when a phone is left within 3 feet of the cable in the kitchen, but doesn't manage to get it plugged in (or switch on the power in some cases)
            2. Battery life that is longer than a day on an iPhone, particularly when it's running Candy Crush?Angry Birds/Wordscapes with half a dozen weather apps and a similar number of news apps running constantly in the background.
            (neither are for me)

3. iPad with a decent keyboard. I have the logitech clamshell one, which does a great job of protecting the screen, but I believe they don't do it any more.
            4. facial detectors on an iPad so that if you doze off watching something, it switches the iPad off
            5. iPhone SE2. Same length and width as an SE, but with newer bits in it.
            I don't want a big phone. I want one that can fit in my front pocket (not back one), in a case that can hold credit cards and a few notes.
            6. Free upgrades for anyone who has Apple products.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              And slower??
              ha ha ha

nah, I'm sure not

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                4. facial detectors on an iPad so that if you doze off watching something, it switches the iPad off
                I read that as fecal detectors, which confused me

Comment

I’m going to be pretty pissed if they announce a new watch!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    6. Free upgrades for anyone who has Apple products.
                    Yer right. That would go against their policy of screwing every penny out of all the drone fanbois that will buy anything with an apple logo on it.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Bear in mind today's thing is opening a developer conference, not a product launch event. Though they will say what they're planning to do, there isn't usually much along the lines of "This is our new toy and you can buy it now" - more "We'll have a new toy later in the year and you can start ensuring your applications will work with it now".

Also, do remember that you should never install any software betas they make available today on a device you also need for non-development purposes, such as your daily-use phone or the laptop on which you do your company accounts…

Comment

Working...
                      X