• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sexism - in action

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    No straight guy gives two hoots or even notices how "nice" or otherwise a woman's clothes are (*), only how revealing
    There are articles of clothing that would disqualify any woman from my interest. 3/4 length leggings, pink leggings, shell suits and Uggs are my pet hates. Oh, and that weird thing provincial Dutch women do where they wear a dress over a pair of jeans. WTF is that about? Mind you, most of the women that do that have huge arses and planet sized beerguts anyway.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Good post, and at this point we can infer beyond doubt that he's gay.

No straight guy gives two hoots or even notices how "nice" or otherwise a woman's clothes are (*), only how revealing

As always, the first and last rule of debugging is "Once you have sufficient relevant data, the reason for the problem becomes obvious".

(*) within reason - They might just about notice if a woman was wearing nothing but a large potato sack with holes for the arms. But that's as far as their powers of observation generally extend.

edit: In fairness, I should point out that there's an outside chance of a straight guy complementing a woman on her clothes, but only because he read somewhere that women like that. So he's either gay or an insincere flatterer.
      I don't know, a lot of women buy jeans too small because they want to be thinner than they are and I always notice if a girl's jeans are too tight or just right.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        There are articles of clothing that would disqualify any woman from my interest. 3/4 length leggings, pink leggings, shell suits and Uggs are my pet hates. Oh, and that weird thing provincial Dutch women do where they wear a dress over a pair of jeans. WTF is that about? Mind you, most of the women that do that have huge arses and planet sized beerguts anyway.
        I would add leggings that go see through when stretched over ample bottoms to that list, unless the resulting knicker visibility is mitigated by an appropriate top.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Or email him from an anon address:

- Detail his unacceptable behaviour.
          - Tell him to stop.
          - Advise him that if he doesn't he will encounter a gentleman outside his residence who will take him to the ******* cleaners.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I would add leggings that go see through when stretched over ample bottoms to that list, unless the resulting knicker visibility is mitigated by an appropriate top.
            Let's just say leggings are wrong. Unless the laydee happens to be an aerobics instructor or a world class athlete and she isn't wearing a top at all.

Comment

You would have thought that working on a building site I would get this a lot, but it only tends to be the “old boys” who are not only sexist, but racist & homophobic too: so I don’t take it personally.

I agree with what others have said in that either be official & ask he stop & report when he does not, or go for the put down option,

& as a side note all the men here are straight & yet they have more conversations on moisturiser, waxing, threading & lip balm than I have ever heard.
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Gay men don't tend to have a problem telling women they are gay. They are more careful about telling blokes especially older blokes.

Also if they are the type of person who uses terms of endearment they use it with everyone and don't single one person out.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  You would have thought that working on a building site I would get this a lot, but it only tends to be the “old boys” who are not only sexist, but racist & homophobic too: so I don’t take it personally.

I agree with what others have said in that either be official & ask he stop & report when he does not, or go for the put down option,

& as a side note all the men here are straight & yet they have more conversations on moisturiser, waxing, threading & lip balm than I have ever heard.
                  So what's your take on leggings?

Comment

edit: So he's either gay or an insincere flatterer.
                    Or fancies her.

Sheesh you guys, good luck with being single (or in long dull marriages)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      The dresses are generally called "tunics" you either have decent legs and wear them with thick tights, or if not wear them with leggings.

Either way they are suppose to cover you up decently.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X