• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The rise of the protein drinks for ordinary people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple of friends on FB that have been brain washed by this Herbalife thing. It is all they ever post about. 'Starting Manchester run with my Herbalife' and all that crap. Can't they run it without it? It's like the sole reason they managed to finish the run. Just ridiculous. Odd thing is most of them are overweight women obsessed with it. I can't believe that product alone can turn them in to super athletes but they believe it does.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I have a couple of friends on FB that have been brain washed by this Herbalife thing. It is all they ever post about. 'Starting Manchester run with my Herbalife' and all that crap. Can't they run it without it? It's like the sole reason they managed to finish the run. Just ridiculous. Odd thing is most of them are overweight women obsessed with it. I can't believe that product alone can turn them in to super athletes but they believe it does.
      I don't think running's the right sport for most people anyway. Cycling, swimming and rowing are probably a lot better for heavily built westerners, with the possible exception of sprint running, but that's not something you do for a bit of keeping fit.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I just walk and swim. Far less wear and tear on the body.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I don't think running's the right sport for most people anyway. Cycling, swimming and rowing are probably a lot better for heavily built westerners, with the possible exception of sprint running, but that's not something you do for a bit of keeping fit.
          Sprint running improve distance running and does it quicker.
          5 1 minute sprints across the park will give you more benefit than 30 minutes jogging round it
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Here's an idea, how about eating healthily/sensibly and excercising?

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              5 1 minute sprints across the park will give you more benefit than 30 minutes jogging round it
              Like an extra 25 minutes in the pub for a start
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sprint running improve distance running and does it quicker.
                Yes, assuming you're already fit enough to sprint without having a heart attack or fooking up your muscles, and you can't assume that with untrained people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Yes, assuming you're already fit enough to sprint without having a heart attack or fooking up your muscles, and you can't assume that with untrained people.
                  exactly, sudden bouts of sprinting is just going to injure tendons and muscles for your average joe that don't do anything apart from sitting on the sofa normally.

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
                    exactly, sudden bouts of sprinting is just going to injure tendons and muscles for your average joe that don't do anything apart from sitting on the sofa normally.
                    Have you heard of warming up first?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Have you heard of warming up first?
                      Yep, but still, unfit people have to be very very careful about explosive action until they've built a base. I know it sounds conventional and boring, but I wouldn't risk advising an untrained person to push his heart rate up to 95% of max HR and beyond without first doing a couple of months at a lower level, if only to expose any problems early on.

Comment

Working...
                      X