• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dress code for day 1?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    When I worked at the Met Office there was the usual mix of smart business wear, and hippy academics with shorts, socks and sandals
    I keep my holey socks especially for those locations.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      I thought 3 piece suits went out of fashion in the 50's

Unless they've come back in fashion with the "mad men" effect
      Style never goes out of fashion. On Mad Men it's mostly 2-pieces anyway. I've been wearing 3-pieces since my first suit, besides a brief dalliance with a double-breasted, never to be repeated.

That and a waistcoat hides my gut

Comment

I thought 3 piece suits went out of fashion in the 50's

Unless they've come back in fashion with the "mad men" effect
        No idea, I think it looks smart. I even have a double breasted one which I like. Although I have never seen anyone else wearing one apart from when I watch Murdoch Mysteries.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          No idea, I think it looks smart. I even have a double breasted one which I like. Although I have never seen anyone else wearing one apart from when I watch Murdoch Mysteries.
          sweet jesus!

There's a reason for that!
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just dug out an email exchange with a senior manager at Yahoo! in 2007.

Me: "Should I start ransacking the flat trying to find the suit I haven't seen in two years, or is that unnecessary?"

Yahoo: "Definitely don't bother looking for that suit. We won't be wearing one and it might make you look a bit out of place "

Comment

Suited and booted for the interview. Check out what other people are wearing in the building while walking around and dress like them on the first day (today its fart stained pale brown trousers with grey desert boots with lime green soles and an old rockabilly style shirt)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have also been known to wear a dress to work in protest at women wearing trousers. If the girlies this year wear as much revealing clothes as last year then some people are going to be in for a shock.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

sweet jesus!

There's a reason for that!
                  *nods* No one else has any sense of style.
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

The KentPhillip Work Tie:

Comment

Black jeans for me (to at least pretend to make an effort) along with whatever top suits the weather forecast/aircon setup, rarely a shirt though, don't like 'em.

Day 1 is always full suit. From then on, I'll wear what I fckin fancy.
                      Last edited by Durbs; 4 June 2013, 21:11.

Comment

Working...
                      X