• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would Jesus do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    A people carrier full of black people is a bit vague! Weere they old, young, middle aged> church goers, middle class, east londoners, welsh, nigerian?

Assuming they seemed like alright people I would have done it. I've generally found that scam artists don't take a people carrier full of people everywhere to help with their scams!
    I'd say 30 something - I couldn't place the accent but it was not UK
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      unfortunately in this day and age you cannot trust anyone regardless of whether they look white and chavvy, black and professional or anywhere in between.
      That's a very paranoid and sad way to view the world.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'd have told him where there was a 24 hour petrol station
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'd have sold him £20 of petrol for £30 cash.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I'd have sold him £20 of petrol for £30 cash.

Is £30 of fake reddies better than £20 of fake reddies?

I'd have probably done the same.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

In France a few years back, I was in a hotel and could hear a man getting severely distressed about not being able to get a taxi. I wondered over to see if I could help, and he told me he was a pilot for Avianca, had rented a plane from Redhill, Surrey, and had flown over to Le Touquet for the weekend with his family, and that his daughter had an allergic reaction to some sea food they had eaten. She'd been taken to hospital and spent the night there, but he needed to pick her up (in Berck about 10 miles away) and get the plane back to the uk of suffer a bill for about £2k. I still don't know why, but I simply gave him the car keys and told him to hurry back.

Wife went a strange hue of red, but I think you get an immediate feel for who you can help, and who you can't.

He came back with a happy family, but more importantly, a lovely bottle of Borolo.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                but I think you get an immediate feel for who you can help, and who you can't.
                I'd agree with this. You can generally tell if someone's distressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  He came back with a happy family, but more importantly, a lovely bottle of Borolo.
                  I once used the fire extinguisher from my motor home to put out a Spanish families cooking stove fire caused when they had not made the seal between the propane cannister and burner!

They rewarded me with a cheap bottle of plonk & the extinguisher cost £25 to replace..there's a moral in there somewhere
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Is £30 of fake reddies better than £20 of fake reddies?

I'd have probably done the same.
                    Dunno, but I believe the master criminal behind all this funny money is well known.....

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      That's a very paranoid and sad way to view the world.
                      sad I agree but true

Comment

Working...
                      X