• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would Jesus do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Jesus would have been using fully electric car like Tesla and therefore never get into such situation.
    I think He would have better sense than to use an electric car.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Feel a tad bad about this...

Supermarket Petrol pumps @ 22:00 - no night cashier so pay at pump only
      Was happily filling up when a people carrier pulled up on opposite side of pump full of black people
      Driver approached me saying he didn't have a card that would work the pumps, so could he give me cash and use my card to dispense fuel to get him home

I replied it was a company card and they monitor fuel use (blatant lie) so therefore couldn't take the cash as it would cost me my job which he seemed a bit taken aback by but accepted and moved on to another

I started to feel bad about this as I have been caught in the past in a similar situation in France - without fuel late on a Sunday & in the days before our cards had chip n Pin which meant I couldn't dispense fuel, but was saved by a French man who took cash for sufficient fuel for us to reach the next 24hour services

Obviously the colour of the occupants was a factor (which it shouldn't be) and my thoughts were how could I check at that time that the cash offered was not counterfeit as part of a scam, but if a white family had asked the same question and they appeared chavvy I would have declined as well

What would others have done in this situation?
      If they had been criminals then between them they should have already nicked a credit card

As for what Jesus would have done he would surely have sent his disciple PJ Clarke down to lecture them about global warming
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Feel a tad bad about this...

Supermarket Petrol pumps @ 22:00 - no night cashier so pay at pump only
        Was happily filling up when a people carrier pulled up on opposite side of pump full of black people
        Driver approached me saying he didn't have a card that would work the pumps, so could he give me cash and use my card to dispense fuel to get him home

I replied it was a company card and they monitor fuel use (blatant lie) so therefore couldn't take the cash as it would cost me my job which he seemed a bit taken aback by but accepted and moved on to another

I started to feel bad about this as I have been caught in the past in a similar situation in France - without fuel late on a Sunday & in the days before our cards had chip n Pin which meant I couldn't dispense fuel, but was saved by a French man who took cash for sufficient fuel for us to reach the next 24hour services

Obviously the colour of the occupants was a factor (which it shouldn't be) and my thoughts were how could I check at that time that the cash offered was not counterfeit as part of a scam, but if a white family had asked the same question and they appeared chavvy I would have declined as well

What would others have done in this situation?
        The same as you, because he might have given you snide rhino.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

If it was a nice middle class family in a Mercedes would you have gave them your card?

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
            If it was a nice middle class family in a Mercedes would you have gave them your card?
            Experience has taught me that "nice middle class" people are the type to rip you off.

As already stated it would have been worth giving them £10 of fuel which should be enough to get them to a 24 hour manned garage.

BTW it could have been a test - did you check for any cameras?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I think He would have better sense than to use an electric car.
              I think his preferred mode of transport was the donkey.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
                More likely yes. And before anyone shrieks prejudice let me explain:

Our minds are conditioned to react to different experiences. If we see a bunch of threatening looking youths walking in the other direction and a little old lady walking along at the other side of the road our brain will automatically tell us which is safer so we will more likely feel comfortable on the side of the road of the little old lady.

It is the way the human mind learns to avoid risk.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Experience has taught me that "nice middle class" people are the type to rip you off.
                  I will have you know that some of my best agents are from Asia and Africa

Comment

Very often you can test for validity. For example I was once approached at Clapham Junction and asked for money for a taxi to Roehampton. I just replied that by happy coincidence I was getting a taxi to Roehampton as well, and I'd be happy to give him a lift.
                    He declined.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                      Very often you can test for validity. For example I was once approached at Clapham Junction and asked for money for a taxi to Roehampton. I just replied that by happy coincidence I was getting a taxi to Roehampton as well, and I'd be happy to give him a lift.
                      He declined.
                      Anyone who wasn't on the blag would just walk it anyway.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X