• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just weird from a German

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Wood and glue and a couple of Merlins, fcking awesome machine.
    The first use of superglue as I understand it. Then again I may be wrong.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      FW190 was best fighter in WW2 IMHO..
      Out performed the current Spitfire by quite a margin - the Typhoon with the Napier Sabre engine (worth a read on its own just for a classic British engineering story) could match the FW190

But I'm with the others on liking the Mosquito as the best Allied plane of WWII...but the ME262 has to take the overall award
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Just weird from a German

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Out performed the current Spitfire by quite a margin - the Typhoon with the Napier Sabre engine (worth a read on its own just for a classic British engineering story) could match the FW190

But I'm with the others on liking the Mosquito as the best Allied plane of WWII...but the ME262 has to take the overall award

Off topic slightly but the Lanc for me, ended up carrying a 22,000lb bomb, when the B17 was stuck with 6000lbs I think...

No other plane could have dropped the mine on the dams at that time, even now could it be done in a similar fashion ie not a SCUD or ICBM?

Comment

just send them some Orange sashes, they will bomb themselves?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Colleague who I call food guy came into the office this afternoon.

"Suity, I need to borrow a spitfire"

"Our colleagues in Dublin are doing my head in. ....
            He was actually in need of Spitfire beer, to calm his nerves..

Edit: Google image search "Spitfire beer". Some of the adverts are quite funny.
            Last edited by KentPhilip; 29 May 2013, 22:01.

Comment

reminds me of the old squadron leader giving a talk at our school in the sixties.
              The old duffer was telling us about a dog fight over Kent

'Of course, I was on me own. seperated from the boys. Checked the bally sun, and there they were , two fokkers screaming down at me. So I dived into the clouds, did a reverse immelman, pulled the stick over, and when we came out of the clouds, I was heading back for Manston and those two fokkers were heading for Berlin. Jolly good show.What. what'

'does anyone have any questions for the squadron leader ?'

'Sir sir. were the Fokker 190 or 190A ?'

'No. no. those two fokkers were Messerschmitts'

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Wasn't the Mustang the fastest prop plane in WW2?

Loved the mossy, just an elegant old bird.

Comment

Maybe he just wanted a decent beer?

The Beer | Spitfire Kentish Ale

Damn: Too Slow
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hmm. Best looking planes of WW2...

Spitfire
                    Mosquito
                    Mustang P51-D and onwards
                    Focke Wulf 190
                    B29

IMO
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

The Tiffy gets my vote as best looking plane of WW2, it was armed to the teeth and could withstand a hell of a battering and still get back to land in blighty. In fact many of the Typhoon pilots died just flying the damn thing. If you can get hold of it, Typhoon Attack by Norman Franks is a great read.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X