• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cold cold cold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    No its called stupidity, despite your desperate effort to weasel out of it.

Face it you weren't put on earth to set it alight with your intellectual brilliance.

Now back to you dull, boring, poorly-paid permie job, there's a good fellow
    The North Atlantic Drift is the main branch of the Gulf stream after it splits and is often referred to as the Gulf stream.

Have to say sas. I enjoy your rather naive comments. It´s not your fault that you´re as thick as pigsh*t.

Have a nice day. Have you got a brolly for when you sit in the garden, because you´re going to need it for most of the summer.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Have a nice day. Have you got a brolly for when you sit in the garden, because you´re going to need it for most of the summer.

And what makes you REALLY moronic is you think that this disproves AGW.

Honestly if I was making up a thick sockie on CUK I would hesitate to make it as totally imbecilic as you on the grounds that it wouldn't be credible.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        And what makes you REALLY moronic is you think that this disproves AGW.

Honestly if I was making up a thick sockie on CUK I would hesitate to make it as totally imbecilic as you on the grounds that it wouldn't be credible.
        You really have lost it haven´t you...

I was going to explain but then I realised it would be easier to get a stuffed toy to understand.

Your comments are always entertaining, keep them coming.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The North Atlantic Drift is the main branch of the Gulf stream after it splits and is often, by clearly stupid people, referred to as the Gulf stream.

Have to say sas. I enjoy your rather naive comments. It´s not your fault that you´re as thick as pigsh*t.

FTFY HIHBIDI

No, it isn't, the gulfstream splits and comes back on itself under Greenland, and past West Africa. As it is a branch, they'd be stupid to call it the Gulfstream, as it isn't, it's the North Atlantic Branch.

But, as we've worked out, you are fairly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            FTFY HIHBIDI

No, it isn't, the gulfstream splits and comes back on itself under Greenland, and past West Africa. As it is a branch, they'd be stupid to call it the Gulfstream, as it isn't, it's the North Atlantic Branch.

But, as we've worked out, you are fairly stupid.
            But it´s the main branch.

The Gulf Stream - An Overview of the Gulf Stream Current in the Atlantic Ocean

the Gulf Stream is its most powerful (at about 150 Sverdrups), forms large meanders, and splits into several currents, the largest of which is the North Atlantic Current.

The North Atlantic Current then flows further north and feeds the Norwegian Current and moves the relatively warm water along the west coast of Europe.

Scientists detect no change in the Gulf Stream
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 29 May 2013, 21:44.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

But it´s the main branch.

The Gulf Stream - An Overview of the Gulf Stream Current in the Atlantic Ocean

the Gulf Stream is its most powerful (at about 150 Sverdrups), forms large meanders, and splits into several different currents, the largest of which is the North Atlantic Current.

The North Atlantic Current then flows further north and feeds the Norwegian Current and moves the relatively warm water along the west coast of Europe.

In 2010 Scientists detect no change in the Gulf Stream
              Again, Fixed that for you.

It, once again, isn't the gulf stream, it is a different current. It is even named something different for the extremely thick.

In 2012 Changes in temp of Gulf stream could release tonnes of methane, etc

A changing Gulf Stream has the potential to thaw and convert hundreds of gigatonnes of frozen methane hydrate trapped below the sea floor into methane gas, increasing the risk of slope failure and methane release. How the Gulf Stream changes with time and what effect these changes have on methane hydrate stability is unclear. Here, using seismic data combined with thermal models, we show that recent changes in intermediate-depth ocean temperature associated with the Gulf Stream are rapidly destabilizing methane hydrate along a broad swathe of the North American margin.
              Last edited by Old Hack; 30 May 2013, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Again, Fixed that for you.

It, once again, isn't the gulf stream, it is a different current. It is even named something different for the extremely thick.

In 2012 Changes in temp of Gulf stream could release tonnes of methane, etc
                So just to get this straight, the warming up of the Gulf Stream is leading to colder temps.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

So just to get this straight, the warming up of the Gulf Stream is leading to colder temps.

You see, this is where your stupidity is really coming to the fore.

Now, what happens when warm water meets ice?

Now what would happen to that warmer water, if you added colder water to it?

So, let's ramp the temp up 5 degrees. Would this happen quicker, or slower?

The gulf stream will simply drift more southerly, as the body of water it's child currents drift into, gets colder, which will lower the temp of the sea, forcing the gulf stream and it's children, lower, and cooler into to warmer areas. This leads to wetter, colder weather here.

The part you are getting confused with, is that you think the gulfstream dissipates when it hits this colder water. It doesn't, it shifts, which is why we would get weather change.

Is it really that tricky to understand?

The waters in the Mid Atlantic, on Monday, were reported as 3 degrees down on average temps. And look, hey, wetter weather, colder weather. Coincidence? Maybe. Sign of the future? Maybe. I don't know, as I am not a climatologist, nor meteorologist but I do know logic and the forcing of the Gulfstream south, something we have, for generations, relied on for our temperate climate, seems to indicate our climate will change too.

Comment

Oh, and you obviously didn't take the time to read the article, for the gulfstream, at it's warmest, if in north eastern USA, and it's here that this article is based on, not over in the UK. Our weather pattern will just be a by product.

Comment

Working...
                    X