• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What estate car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crikey Saab cars are almost free now.

A 9-5 estate and spend the other £14K out of your £15K budget on something else.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Crikey Saab cars are almost free now.

A 9-5 estate and spend the other £14K out of your £15K budget on a Stannah stairlift and a full set of mobility furniture.
      ftfy
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Classic Vulva Estate?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Classic Vulva Estate?

With

On the back.

Comment

We have two kids in car seats, we like camping and have family who visit from overseas.

We bought a 1 year old Peugeot 5008 diesel for 12.5k.

Comment

had a 5 series a while back - plenty big enough for 2 kids and all their crap...

interestingly enough I then get a mondeo saloon - and you know that was perfectly acceptable and had a huge boot - you do not always need an estate although the wide luggage opening does make it easier at times.

but as others say - do not go for one with an expensive interior as it will get covered in god knows what - you are not buying something to be proud of you are buying something to be functional

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                £15k see's you in a 3 - 3.5 yo E220cdi estate, and that is, literally, all the car you will ever need. Ever.
                Really like the E220cdi, Mercs provide the kind of drive that I really enjoy. I just don't trust them when it comes to reliability - back in the 80s and 90s they used to make amazing cars which were pretty much indestructible, now they just seem to have too many sensors, electronics etc and constantly fail.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  My next car is going to be a Subaru Legacy, AWD, good spec, reliable, fun to drive and big enough for all the tulipe the kids bring with them..
                  Just picked one of these up yesterday, so far so good, goes round corners like it's on rails, loads of space inside, and decent spec, plus it's a diesel and so not as thirsty as my previous scoobys
                  Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    had a 5 series a while back - plenty big enough for 2 kids and all their crap...

interestingly enough I then get a mondeo saloon - and you know that was perfectly acceptable and had a huge boot - you do not always need an estate although the wide luggage opening does make it easier at times.

but as others say - do not go for one with an expensive interior as it will get covered in god knows what - you are not buying something to be proud of you are buying something to be functional
                    Ah, that's where my reqs differ to OP; I want a luxury car that has lots of baggage space but feels and drives like a saloon car. E-class and 5 series seem to be the options as Audis are for fat middle managers who think they have a talent for driving and I just don't like the looks of Volvos. All the others seem to be too small for chucking bikes in the back unless I get a MPV, which I don't like either.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                      Just picked one of these up yesterday, so far so good, goes round corners like it's on rails, loads of space inside, and decent spec, plus it's a diesel and so not as thirsty as my previous scoobys
                      Jealous

Post back when you have given it a good test run and let us know what the real MPG is, as long as its above ~45MPG I'll be happy
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X