• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cooking for foreigners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mince up a neighbour. All foreigners are cannibals, well known fact that.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Irish stew
      Apple pie (mind you in Holland they have lovely lovely apple pies)

Comment

How about a nice Dublin Coddle as a main course?

Mmmmmmmmm
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

How about a nice Dublin Coddle as a main course?

Mmmmmmmmm
          Never heard of that so looked up a recipe and now know what we're having for Sunday lunch, cheers
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
            Irish stew
            Apple pie (mind you in Holland they have lovely lovely apple pies)
            Irish stew is the work of the devil

certainly is the way my mother and my aunt used to make it, I have nightmares of boiled to death rubbery, fatty lamb, veg that no longer resemble veg, all looking lovely and insipid.

The cloggies put cinnamon in their apple pies ( actually they put it in everything).

Coddle certainly sounds interesting, I have my own home made sausages, but I'd have to cure the bacon.
            Last edited by norrahe; 6 May 2013, 19:44.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Haggis, neeps and tatties.
              WSS

Washed down with Irn Bru, and followed by a nice whisky.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Having some cloggy friends round for dinner and thought it would be interesting to do a mix of traditional Irish and English dishes.

What dishes would people think best represent their respective country of origin?

Now if only I could get away with doing a full Irish
                How about getting out and forraging for some wild ingredients?

Just did a wild garlic and marscapone tagliatelle - was frikkin delicious. Can't get much more native than that. Well, the garlic anyway...

Comment

Cook slowly and loudly, oh that's only talking to foreigners!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Irish stew is the work of the devil

certainly is the way my mother and my aunt used to make it, I have nightmares of boiled to death rubbery, fatty lamb, veg that no longer resemble veg, all looking lovely and insipid.

The cloggies put cinnamon in their apple pies ( actually they put it in everything).

Coddle certainly sounds interesting, I have my own home made sausages, but I'd have to cure the bacon.
                    Mmmm, I love cinnamon. I always put it in an apple pie.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Mmmm, I love cinnamon. I always put it in an apple pie.
                      Yes, I thought everyone put cinnamon on apple pies!!

Comment

Working...
                      X