• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid journalists who propagated the MMR scare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Nobody has conclusively excluded the possibility that the letters MMR cause terminal stupidity either.
    Or something.
    no but there is a general expectation the letters 'S A S G U R U' will lead to Moronic posts.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This is interesting

MMR VACCINE - EIGHTFOLD AUTISM RISK: MMR, autism, vaccination, vaccine - Green Health Watch

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        The Ford Pinto was tested for safety

Ford Pinto Fuel-Fed Fires | The Center for Autosafety

the MMR jab had exemption from some tests due to the individual components having been tested.

The overload effect was not tested fully or with a true general population (sick kids receiving MMR are more likely to have side effects, I cannot believe the kids in the trial were permitted to receive the MMR if they were sick).

Obviously being a stupid person I believe credible sources like this

Former science chief: 'MMR fears coming true' | Mail Online

He is obviously a numbnut. So glad the CUK experts can help.

Now whether you believe the overall benefits of MMR outweigh the risks then fine, so long as care is taken. But it smelt awfully of a cover up with certain people getting back handers / social capital from supporting MMR.
        no but there is a general expectation the letters 'S A S G U R U' will lead to Moronic posts.
        You're an ignorant moron.
        Because like many on here you can't distinguish between cranks and real science.
        But no-one is forcing you to vaccinate your child, if in fact, the world has been unlucky enough to see you breed.
        HTH, BIDI.
        Last edited by sasguru; 16 April 2013, 11:28.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Very interesting. From that article:

Dr Dick van Steenis believes that ‘regressive autism’ is most likely when a Diphtheria-Pertussis-Tetanus (DPT) jab, which until 2004 contained the mercury-based preservative thimerosal, is followed closely by the MMR jab. ..
          Also interesting is how hostile scientists, and those with scientific pretensions, can be when desperately defending the consensus view

Originally posted by sasguru
          You're an ignorant moron.
          Because like many on here you can't distinguish between cranks and real science.
          Last edited by OwlHoot; 16 April 2013, 11:41.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Lets look at the evidence for the MMR jab: Measles practically eradicated and no deaths in over a decade until 2006.

Against : Just look at the jump in the incidence rate. 60 unvaccinated children admitted to hospital recently in South Wales alone

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Very interesting. From that article:

Also interesting is how hostile scientists, and those with scientific pretensions, can be when desperately defending the consensus view
              I do this stuff for a living. Classic example of bad science. Explained nicely by Ben Goldacre.
              I've added you to cretin list.
              A few posts you made on other topics made me suspicious but now I know for sure.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                Lets look at the evidence for the MMR jab: Measles practically eradicated and no deaths in over a decade until 2006.

Against : Just look at the jump in the incidence rate. 60 unvaccinated children admitted to hospital recently in South Wales alone

sorry you are having such difficulty understanding my point.

MMR is suspected of causing Autism and some other issues in a minority of cases. There is a certain amount of evidence for this.

It may however be a good solution to the complex problem of immunisation which was exacerbated by uncontrolled immigration from countries that had a high measles infection rates.

MMR was presented as zero risk, by definition any vaccine cannot be zero risk there are too many variables. Opposition was shouted down as you are doing now.

If you look at this image you can see infection rates had been falling steadily, MMR does seem to have accelerated this but that may also be due to better vaccination rates.

File:Measles incidence England&Wales 1940-2007.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So informed consent was impossible as it was obvious we were being lied to, it looks like they may have got away with it but I suspect in a few years there will be massive successful claims for MMR driven autism. I hope not, I hope MMR isn't the new Thalidomide but I suspect it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post

That's a worrying trend.

Is there any cross-reference with increased immigration bringing this in causing the sharp upturn?
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

sorry you are having such difficulty understanding my point.

You don't have a point worth a jot.
                    You're simplying talking bollux on a forum.
                    And because you're thick and ignorant, your evaluation of the evidence for and against a position is poor.
                    HTH, BIKIW.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      That's a worrying trend.

Is there any cross-reference with increased immigration bringing this in causing the sharp upturn?
                      No but there is a time lag between vaccination (6-9 months) and the disease itself. The age group currently catching measles is the primary age group (4-11) born between 2002-2009 when the uptake was at its lowest.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X