• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The devil wears asda

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    <twuntish behaviour>

I'm think i'm beginning to figure out why my predecessor left.

I'm also not sure I can put up with this much longer......................

The only incentive to stay is the market is carp here.
    Is it ever worth confronting someone and asking them why are they acting this way?

Anyone done this? To what effect?

Comment

Next time he does this, either burst into tears or lay into him verbally
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

***** em - it is only a gig. Do not let it bother you, just keep invoicing and taking their money as this guy drives the company into a wall.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Is it ever worth confronting someone and asking them why are they acting this way?

I've had plenty of gigs where the gig turns out doing summat else, normally a different project, but they use my skills. This is so below my paygrade its unreal.

Its the complete irrational behaviour. If I didn't have to deal with this person on a daily basis, I'd stick with it. I also gather from people at the clientco he is a mare and you can't reason with him.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Mood swings lol, try my gf.

She's going into hospital for checks as she's having a period about every 10 days and you wouldn't believe the PMT
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

He does sound like a right nobber. Puts you in an awkward spot, can't complain, you are too new and too temporary.
              Fortunately, people like this seem to be pretty rare. If I HAD to stay and bloody mindedness would probably mean I did, I would retreat back into making no decisions - bob-style and just react to the latest request, work on that to completion and wait for the next. I've got a hundred ways of looking co-operative while causing chaos (think fletch in porridge).
              I would also book some time off to give me a break and something to look forward to.
              BUT - It would have to be paying a decent rate and near home and be a client I could really do with keeping on side for future work.
              Otherwise, I would start looking and bail if I got a sniff of something better.
              You have been in the game long enough to know something will come up and now is a reasonable time to be looking.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Says the stay at home "retired" permie.

Believe that if you want. How long have you been on the bench now?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  I've had plenty of gigs where the gig turns out doing summat else, normally a different project, but they use my skills. This is so below my paygrade its unreal.

Its the complete irrational behaviour. If I didn't have to deal with this person on a daily basis, I'd stick with it. I also gather from people at the clientco he is a mare and you can't reason with him.
                  Flounce, quit, get a real job back in London so I can give you this bloody bottle of wine that is taunting me to drink it
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

I've done just that recently, but only because the person's behaviour was out of character. I don't think I'd do it in this case - if I were nor I'd stick it if I needed to, and adjust my expectations around behaviour accordingly.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      I've done just that recently, but only because the person's behaviour was out of character. I don't think I'd do it in this case - if I were nor I'd stick it if I needed to, and adjust my expectations around behaviour accordingly.
                      Am trying to adjust accordingly but difficult when you don't know what to expect. I can brace myself for meetings, but when they come to your desk unexpectedly or grab you in the corridor you can't prep for that.

Coupled with the fact this person is not the brightest spark and paranoid to book and has pissed off several members of senior staff.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X