• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ding Dong we lost a great stateswomen - Margaret Thatcher has died

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigoted rant (Hey Dodgy dig out the blood pressure meds), or a pragmatic summing up of her performance?

Linky

Just pointing out like.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      That is because Northerners cannot be trusted
      Lady T was born in Grantham, which generally qualifies as oop north.

It's going to be one hell of a funeral.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        It's going to be one hell of a funeral.
        They're going to clear the deficit by auctioning off the opportunity to drive the stake in

Comment

Something I always wondered about her stopping the free school milk; In the days of wine and milk lakes and the EU (us) paying farmers to throw it away, why did it even cost anything ? Why was there a saving to be made?

And the way it turned out, with full fat being bad for you after all that whining about it, why not just give em cloudy water aka red top?

Comment

My father used to work for the steel works until 1980s when a lot of the plant was closed. However, he got on with it, re-trained and found a new job almost straight away.
            He rightly points out that it was the policy of nationalization that brought the industry to its knees, as it did not modernize enough.
            It was NOT a sole result of the Tories that such industries began to collapse. Prior to Thatcher's election in 1979, two steel works in South Wales were going down the pan.
            The economic reforms and the expansion of the service sector in my local area that she encouraged have so far been very successful.
            Considering the mess the country was in prior to her election, I think she did a good job (a far better job than Michael Foot, Kinnock or any militant trade union organization could ever have done!!)

fairly concise
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

With good friend Robert Mugabee

The most odous person in the UK and Jimmy Saville

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post

What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post

You forgot Pinochet, Jeffrey Archer, Ronald 'Bonzo' Reagan, Aitken, Parkinson, Mark Thatcher, et. al.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

On Jimmy Savile, Tony Blair, and turning a blind eye to serious crimes | Left Futures

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...65538307295958

yep its disgusting the people the Tories associated with before their crimes were widely known.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They're all at it.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X