• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Briefcase?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kart in the small rucksack that holds one or more of the netbook / tablet / sandwiches depending on requirements. The same rucksack I kart to the gig when I get it.

It's got a designer name on it, Enrico Benetti, and at £6.99 off eBay 10 years ago must impress the panel.

Comment

Louis Vuitton man bag for me.

MF.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Briefcase?

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Just wait until the first milk puke over the shoulder of your best business suit.

There won't be much you can do to avoid the 'Mummy' look after that...
        Hehe, true. Current contact is WFH though, so might be able to defer that experience for a bit.

Comment

I have one handbag and that's it. ( shock horror, yes, with feck all in it)

If I happen to be doing summat else or the journey requires a bigger bag, I jettison the bag and have a small samsonite rucksack for the job.

If I can get away with not having a handbag then even better.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Is it me, but everbody's writing appears to be a little bit mangled on this thread and another?

Edit: Yes and mine too. What the **** is going on moderator?

Comment

I've got an attaché case, mainly because I used to have a girlfriend who worked in a luggage shop and I got a big discount.

The first time I took it to an interview with a prospective client I did the whole thing of opening it briskly while saying "Do you mind if I take some notes?" and pulling out a notepad and pen.

It turned out that none of us said anything worth noting down, and at the end of the interview I put the still-blank notepad (and pen) back in the case before shaking hands and leaving

Comment

Originally posted by FickNutz View Post
                I've got an attaché case, mainly because I used to have a girlfriend who worked in a luggage shop and I got a big discount.

The first time I took it to an interview with a prospective client I did the whole thing of opening it briskly while saying "Do you mind if I take some notes?" and pulling out a notepad and pen.

It turned out that none of us said anything worth noting down, and at the end of the interview I put the still-blank notepad (and pen) back in the case before shaking hands and leaving
                You should have doodled. Maybe a few willies would have impressed the panel.

Comment

Working...
                X