• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Briefcase?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Briefcase?"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by FickNutz View Post
    I've got an attaché case, mainly because I used to have a girlfriend who worked in a luggage shop and I got a big discount.

The first time I took it to an interview with a prospective client I did the whole thing of opening it briskly while saying "Do you mind if I take some notes?" and pulling out a notepad and pen.

It turned out that none of us said anything worth noting down, and at the end of the interview I put the still-blank notepad (and pen) back in the case before shaking hands and leaving
    You should have doodled. Maybe a few willies would have impressed the panel.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I've got an attaché case, mainly because I used to have a girlfriend who worked in a luggage shop and I got a big discount.

The first time I took it to an interview with a prospective client I did the whole thing of opening it briskly while saying "Do you mind if I take some notes?" and pulling out a notepad and pen.

It turned out that none of us said anything worth noting down, and at the end of the interview I put the still-blank notepad (and pen) back in the case before shaking hands and leaving

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Is it me, but everbody's writing appears to be a little bit mangled on this thread and another?

Edit: Yes and mine too. What the **** is going on moderator?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I have one handbag and that's it. ( shock horror, yes, with feck all in it)

If I happen to be doing summat else or the journey requires a bigger bag, I jettison the bag and have a small samsonite rucksack for the job.

If I can get away with not having a handbag then even better.

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Briefcase?

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Just wait until the first milk puke over the shoulder of your best business suit.

There won't be much you can do to avoid the 'Mummy' look after that...
    Hehe, true. Current contact is WFH though, so might be able to defer that experience for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Louis Vuitton man bag for me.

MF.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    I kart in the small rucksack that holds one or more of the netbook / tablet / sandwiches depending on requirements. The same rucksack I kart to the gig when I get it.

It's got a designer name on it, Enrico Benetti, and at £6.99 off eBay 10 years ago must impress the panel.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I've never taken a briefcase to an interview ever just not required.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by formant View Post
    I have a £200 leather nappy bag that looks like a fancy laptop bag. Which is silly, cause I don't even do fancy bags at work. But I'm trying hard to avoid the mummy look.
    Just wait until the first milk puke over the shoulder of your best business suit.

There won't be much you can do to avoid the 'Mummy' look after that...

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Briefcase?

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I thought your bag of choice will be a nappy bag at the moment!
    I have a £200 leather nappy bag that looks like a fancy laptop bag. Which is silly, cause I don't even do fancy bags at work. But I'm trying hard to avoid the mummy look.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Rucksack.

When in Rome...

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    You poll is missing the lady contractor option.

For me it's: Ridiculously overpriced smart leather handbag (at interview only, it's the sporty backpack thereafter...).
    I did think about it but didn't want to appear condescending

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    A mulberry a4 zipped folio is normally enough to take to meetings.

But I have a ultra slim laptop bag for my day to day laptop.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    You poll is missing the lady contractor option.

For me it's: Ridiculously overpriced smart leather handbag (at interview only, it's the sporty backpack thereafter...).
    I thought your bag of choice will be a nappy bag at the moment!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I have a designer man bag

Leave a comment:

Working...
X