• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best place to put your warchest?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    I read a newspaper article that said when considering where to put your savings, you should consider the rate of return you are looking for, the level of risk you are prepared to accept, and how accessible you want your money to be.

Well, I'd like a nice old-fashioned savings account, with very low risk, easy access to what is after all my money, and a modest return over inflation.

Not too much to ask, surely?
    http://www.bankofcyprus.co.uk/Business-Banking/savings/

HTH BIDI

Comment

Am in the process of moving my Natwest current account paying cr@p interest to Santander's 123, the cashback alone makes it worthwhile never mind the 3% interest on top. And not banking with those RBS crooks/clowns is a bonus

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
        Am in the process of moving my Natwest current account paying cr@p interest to Santander's 123, the cashback alone makes it worthwhile never mind the 3% interest on top. And not banking with those RBS crooks/clowns is a bonus
        Spanish bank eh?

Comment

I hope Santander's customer service has improved. It was crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I hope Santander's customer service has improved. It was crap.
            To be honest I've had no problems with them, have had my mortgage with them for a while now and can't complain. And as for it being a Spanish back I don't see what the problem is?, am I not covered by the UK Gov deposit guarantee (£85k = way more than my warchest as all the extra £££ goes to paying off the mortgage or is spent by the missus ) in the same way as I am when banking with Natwest (and lets face it Santander are in better shape than RBS!).

Comment

To be honest I've had no problems with them, have had my mortgage with them for a while now and can't complain. And as for it being a Spanish back I don't see what the problem is?, am I not covered by the UK Gov deposit guarantee (£85k = way more than my warchest as all the extra £££ goes to paying off the mortgage or is spent by the missus ) in the same way as I am when banking with Natwest (and lets face it Santander are in better shape than RBS!).
              It's great when it works. It's when it goes wrong when customer service is really tested.. and Santander have a reputation for failing miserable. Only pipped by HMRC this year I believe.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                It's great when it works. It's when it goes wrong when customer service is really tested.. and Santander have a reputation for failing miserable. Only pipped by HMRC this year I believe.
                And you'll never guess who HMRC use for their Bill pay service.

Comment

Working...
                X