• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weather....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Made it!

Stuff
    Good stuff however -

And are you prepared to do the same for the return journey ?

I would have opted for a hotel in dublin and a few glasses of the dark stuff

Comment

Supposed to be going to Oxford this morning. Can anyone do me an Oxford weather report? Thinking I'll train/bus rather than drive...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Supposed to be going to Oxford this morning. Can anyone do me an Oxford weather report? Thinking I'll train/bus rather than drive...
        Weather report just in

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Well, it is snowing heavily in swindon here, so I cannot imagine Oxford to be much different!
          I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Well, it is snowing heavily in swindon here, so I cannot imagine Oxford to be much different!

Whoa! What happened there?

Comment

Probably about 5 inches here in the High Peak, missus went out early this morning but gave up, was not impressed when I said her driving could be at fault as opposed to all the ice and snow....

Still like troopers the trains are running so we are heading into Manchester on the train for a day out
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Will I get home today/tmrw?

1. 13:30 Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead Ferry cancelled yesterday, Stena put me on 21:15 Dublin Port - Holyhead arrives 00:45

2. Rough seas mean delays to that but at moment still sailing.

3. Heavy rain here in Dublin, tho seems to be easing off atm...

4. Heavy rain along the A55 North Wales

5. Heavy snow M62 Huddersfield on to Leeds

I could stay here I know but I don't want to!

Dooooommmeedddd.....
                Global warming init
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

And I've got an interview Bradford/Leeds way on Monday.

Deep joy.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    And I've got an interview Bradford/Leeds way on Monday.
                    Commiserations. Hopefully something else will come up :
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Good inch or so of snow on the ground here. But I'd bet the main roads will be fine.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X