• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Formant...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Did I say 1st March? I meant 1st April.
    Based on the current speed I'll take 1st May.

Realistically is March 29th available being that a contractor never takes time off.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Based on the current speed I'll take 1st May.

Realistically is March 29th available being that a contractor never takes time off.
      I think March 29th is taken. Would be a convenient date though as that's a weekend without the stepdaughters.

They'll induce by or before April 5th, I guess. Still hoping it won't be that long to go though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Tax advantages?
        New budget year. They've got a bit left, so want to get the babies out on this year's accounts.

Comment

One word of advice, when labour starts and you phone the hospital that you want to come in, DO NOT let them tell you that you are not ready yet and stay home! Go to the hospital and camp out outside the ward!

My cousin recently was in this situation with the labour ward telling her she's not ready and stay home (4 phone calls 15 mins apart each time), 5 mins after the last call, she gave birth at home!
          Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
            One word of advice, when labour starts and you phone the hospital that you want to come in, DO NOT let them tell you that you are not ready yet and stay home! Go to the hospital and camp out outside the ward!

My cousin recently was in this situation with the labour ward telling her she's not ready and stay home (4 phone calls 15 mins apart each time), 5 mins after the last call, she gave birth at home!
            agree with that, you don't want to give birth in the lift like a friend nearly did.

Get there, get a day car park pass (maternity desk normally do those) take a flask, sandwiches and a book.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post

Not entirely true. Sometimes the onset of labour would not mean the baby will pop out the next minute. In most cases the onset of labour is then followed by a few hours of mom in pain etc till the dilation is about 10 cms something (i cannot remmeber). Once the midwife has checked the dilation and knows the baby is ready to come out they then roll you in to the room.

My wife actually preferred to stay at home where we could tend to her and give her this and that and only ended up in hospital some hours later.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
              X