• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So was it a red then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's football, some go for you, some don't. Thought Madrid would have won it anyway, Modric when he came on played very well.

Agent Arbeloa, good work.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      It could have been a great game. Looking at the replays it was a red, deserved to be a red but others have got away with a yellow.
      It was dangerous play and properly punished.
      Was it frig. Nani was trying to take the ball and clearly had his eyes on it. Arbeloa played for it and certainly played up the 'injury'. If the ref was so keen on dangerous play, why did he not send off the RM goal keper for mistiming his punch clear and ended up punching Vidic in the head. The ref was abysmal in the first game and was no better in that one. Why is it always the british teams who constantly get the rough end of referee decisions. (eg Celtic vs Juve)
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I am a bit disappointed as a football fan as was hoping for a decent second half.

But i think it was Karma, Manure are a cheating club, Young dives constantly, he dived to get a penalty against us (qpr) and got a player sent off in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          Was it frig. Nani was trying to take the ball and clearly had his eyes on it. Arbeloa played for it and certainly played up the 'injury'. If the ref was so keen on dangerous play, why did he not send off the RM goal keper for mistiming his punch clear and ended up punching Vidic in the head. The ref was abysmal in the first game and was no better in that one. Why is it always the british teams who constantly get the rough end of referee decisions. (eg Celtic vs Juve)

Anyone who goes in studs up, above waist level, is going to get sent off, regardless of whether or not the contact was deliberate or not. Them's the rules. In exactly the same was as if you go for the ball with both feet off the ground and studs showing.

The key issue here is that Man U (in domestic games) wouldn't expect a decision like that to go against them. Had that been Cadera on Giggs, you'd have been spitting feathers had the ref not sent the Real player off.

Most UK based teams suffer from these kind of decisions in Europe, because in Europe, for example, the tackle from behind is a strict no no, but not so much in the domestic game.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Rafael should have been sent off for a handball on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Anyone who goes in studs up, above waist level, is going to get sent off, regardless of whether or not the contact was deliberate or not. Them's the rules. In exactly the same was as if you go for the ball with both feet off the ground and studs showing.

The key issue here is that Man U (in domestic games) wouldn't expect a decision like that to go against them. Had that been Cadera on Giggs, you'd have been spitting feathers had the ref not sent the Real player off.

Most UK based teams suffer from these kind of decisions in Europe, because in Europe, for example, the tackle from behind is a strict no no, but not so much in the domestic game.
              How can you hope to control a high ball without having your studs up. Had it been as you said, I would have expected a yellow and not a red. Nani barely touched Arbeloa. Having your foot high is not a straight red.

As for the comment about Young, I agree totally. I don't like players diving and Young does it too much as does Rapheal
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

How can you hope to control a high ball without having your studs up. Had it been as you said, I would have expected a yellow and not a red. Nani barely touched Arbeloa. Having your foot high is not a straight red.

As for the comment about Young, I agree totally. I don't like players diving and Young does it too much as does Rapheal
                Having your foot high is not a straight red, challenging for a ball with your foot up and studs showing at above waist level is though.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I saw Nani kicking Arbeloa in the ribs and then follow through, watch it from the 2nd angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuv8QK98I4M

At least he showed some respect to the ref by going off without fuss whilst his teammates argued, Ferdinand was a disgrace at the end.
                  Last edited by gingerjedi; 6 March 2013, 11:11.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I don't think there can be too many arguments about the red card. I also thought that even after conceding twice united put up a good fight and were a bit unlucky not to score again, but them's the breaks. They certainly had the chances.

My money is on Bayern to win it this year.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                      I saw Nani kicking Arbeloa in the ribs and then follow through, watch it from the 2nd angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuv8QK98I4M

At least he showed some respect to the ref by going off without fuss whilst his teammates argued, Ferdinand was a disgrace at the end.
                      Looks conclusive from that footage. Ferdinand is a muppet of the highest order. Prob part of the reason why he is out of the England squad.

Comment

Working...
                      X