• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting out of a wedding - advice for friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    £25k is top end but then again you are trying to impress (well either you or wifey's dad is). I think we spent £2k+ and that's going back 19 years with the reception in a Church hall (well we did have a barn dance and request sensible footwear for the evening).
    Well we aimed for £15k for the wedding and £5k max for the honeymoon, but like the last Labour goverment my missus has no idea what a fooking budget is about.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We paid about 6k 7 years ago. Including a medieval banquet in the evening which fed just over 200 people.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

we ran away to Gretna green, cost me 15 quid in petrol but I got the best blow job of my life.
        if the missus ever finds out, im dead

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          we ran away to Gretna green, cost me 15 quid in petrol but I got the best blow job of my life.
          if the missus ever finds out, im dead

Yeah I heard that catholic priest at Gretna gives good service
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Well we aimed for £15k for the wedding and £5k max for the honeymoon, but like the last Labour goverment my missus has no idea what a fooking budget is about.
            She probably feels she is entitled to spend a bit of cash to mask her grief at being married to you
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Fook me I'm getting jipped. £6000 for the honeymoon and the rest of it is over £25k!!!!
              Yeah but we got married in our early twenties almost straight out of university with no money. Proper community "friends all mucking in" affair - very nice in fact.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Not sure how much mine was as my parents paid for it Wedding dress and car were presents from relatives.

I never understood the fuss the first time around ( me Ma kicked up more of a stink about a full catholic shindig in Ireland, and all I wanted was a registry office ceremony with a few friends and family) and certainly won't be doing it a second time.

Could someone please tell me why some people will shell out the cost of a house deposit on what essentially is a big one day party?
                Likewise, first time around was a massive do at home that I really regret (along with the marriage!!)

This time... much more laid back
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Not sure how much mine was as my parents paid for it Wedding dress and car were presents from relatives.

I never understood the fuss the first time around ( me Ma kicked up more of a stink about a full catholic shindig in Ireland, and all I wanted was a registry office ceremony with a few friends and family) and certainly won't be doing it a second time.

Could someone please tell me why some people will shell out the cost of a house deposit on what essentially is a big one day party?
                  Don't ask me. I've just let her and the MIL get on with it, while I go to the pub with her old man.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ours was relatively cheap by today's standards, but still seemed crazy shelling out so much when we had no money. Fortunately the parents footed most of the bill.

Comment

Working...
                    X