• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dial 111

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Wrong. When we used it they told us to contact our hospital for an emergency dental appointment - never even knew hospitals kept a dentist on standby - on a Sunday which got things sorted out.
    Yep, hospitals do keep dentists around. But I only knew that because an old schoolmate did his first stint after qualifying as a dentist in a hospital.

Incidentally he was on contractor style money straight after qualifying. That hospital stint netted him £14K p.a. doing piecework when I thought I was doing well as a permie on £5K.

In hindsight I should be thankful to him for introducing me to the idea of contracting
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Maybe the problem is Sas. It's odd how arrogant people who like to complain about everything and tell people they aren't doing things right tend to get bad service so often.
      That is the problem with civil servants the world round.

Get stroppy about that work permit or visa and your paperwork gets shuffled to the bottom of the pile.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        That is the problem with civil servants the world round.

Get stroppy about that work permit or visa and your paperwork gets shuffled to the bottom of the pile.
        No, it's nothing to do with civil servants. PEOPLE are like this. Treat your builder like a lower class oik and you'll find he's less than helpful when a pipe bursts. Treat your waiter like a servant and your order may get screwed up.

What goes around comes around as they say.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X