• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dial 111

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dial 111

Having arrhythmia and ICD fitted I've nothing bad to say about the NHS, they treated me grandly and three times when I've had issues they've come out to me within 10 mins.

Some guy in the US told me he has the same condition as me, same device, except he was presented with a bill $159,000 for his, and he only has $49,000 of health insurance.

The US medicos now have his house to covet when the poor chap dies.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Developed an excruciating toothache last night. Called local dentists just now for appt. - we don't do emergencies they say, call 111. Never heard of that but do so.
      Get some NHS bloke who asks me if I've overdosed on painkillers. No I say, took some but followed the instructions. Can you talk he says? I'm talking to you aren't I, i say. Can you walk? yes I can [fooking I think] walk (voice rising). What symptoms have you got. A [foookinnggg] excruciating pain in my jaw. What other symptoms? None, FFS. have you had anything like this before? FFS FFS FFS FFS goes through my mind. What is you marital status? AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!
      Finaly he says, about 15 minutes later, "From the information you have given me, I think you need to see a dentist in the next 24 hours". No farking tulip Sherlock you dim-witted waste of fooking space, piece of thick script-following tulip, you make a Bob call centre operative sound like farking Einstein.
      Your local dentist is xxxxxx, he says giving me the number of the dentist who had asked me to call 111 in the first place. AARRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The NHS. Dismantling it won't come too soon. mad
      Did you try wrapping a "blankie" round yourself to alleviate the ache?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Did you try wrapping a "blankie" round yourself to alleviate the ache?

Don't be so cynical. A sore tooth was the catalyst for Sas to turn his intellect and attention to reforming the NHS
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Wrong. When we used it they told us to contact our hospital for an emergency dental appointment - never even knew hospitals kept a dentist on standby - on a Sunday which got things sorted out.
          But for poor old Sasguru, they didn't give him that option.
          So still a post-code lottery then, even with a script.

Comment

Maybe the problem is Sas. It's odd how arrogant people who like to complain about everything and tell people they aren't doing things right tend to get bad service so often.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Odd that the NHS 111 page doesn't list Surrey as one of the places to which the service has been rolled out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Odd that the NHS 111 page doesn't list Surrey as one of the places to which the service has been rolled out
                linky

Although you can appreciate Sas's confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The original 111 pilot was originally rolled out first in Surrey* and is still going.

*A consortium of GPs in East surrey to be precise, so not the whole county.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 24 February 2013, 15:31.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    The original 111 pilot was originally rolled out first in Surrey* and is still going.

*A consortium of GPs in East surrey to be precise, so not the whole county.
                    The pilot areas are in County Durham & Darlington, Luton and the East Midlands (Nottingham and Lincolnshire) where the service is being offered and refined for rollout.
                    Link 1

Link 2

Link 3
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      If you've got toothache, that's a bargain.
                      If you live in Switzerland £200 is a definite bargain for a dentist.

Swiss dentists could teach Heathrow cab drivers a thing or two.

The trainee dentist who used to be a neighbour not only had a swish penthouse flat but ran a BMW 540 and his wife had a Maserati.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X