• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's been your best gig?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Wife got pissed off with me under her feet 7 days a week
    FTFY.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working from 00:30 to 02:30 on 01-01-2000.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

For me the best jobs are the ones where I am actually making something useful (yes, I have done this).
        The worst (but better paid) jobs are the ones where you are flogging bread for some supermarket or fookin Facebook campaigns
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

For the past 13 months I've been working at home as usual for the current ClientCo but very little work to do other than some caretaking duties as they move the legacy systems I look after to theirs. It finishes at the end of the month but now that I've had the time to develop Plan B to something workable that will take over when the current gig ends.

Already lined up some new clients for the product with an accountant getting the leads and acting as the middle man (ooh does he know how to get obscure grants that really makes it a no brainer for clients to come on board).

Got the sales team in place and ready to pull the trigger setting those guys loose. Could maybe be the best gig yet or fall full flat on its arse but this time around it won't be my money funding it
          Me, me, me...

Comment

One of the best gigs I had was a 3 monther on 24 hour call out (not that the agency told me about the call out bit).

Good folks to work with, a super hotel to stay in and the rate was excellent.

I could grab the systems on a Saturday afternoon to do reconfig work, get 8 hours in (at time and a half) and still pick up a curry on the way back to the hotel.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              FTFY.
              Incorrect. Wife has a high-flying career of her own
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Incorrect. Wife has a high-flying career of her own
                She's a British Airways trolley dolly.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  She's a British Airways trolley dolly.
                  Incorrect.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Incorrect.
                    Ryan Air?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Incorrect.
                      I think you've just confirmed how sad a person you really are.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X