• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“no limit” on the number of Indian nationals who can come to study & work" -Cameron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

*Not literally, but you get my drift.
    Maybe that's where you're going wrong.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DTexas
      I have a first class degree and a postgraduate .
      What in and where from?

The class of the degree matters less than the subject and the institution.
      If your first class degree was in, say, engineering or maths from, say, UCL you'd have no trouble getting a well paid job leading to a career.
      I've worked with people with 1st class degrees from ex-polys who were worse than people with Desmonds from proper unis.
      Last edited by sasguru; 15 February 2013, 09:21.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Maybe that's where you're going wrong.
        I've often suspected that.

The temptation does become almost irresistible at times.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Why don't you tell us which educational institutional it is? I'm sure if not the UKBA, then some academic standards insititution will be concerned that full-time Masters can be stretched to 5 years.
          Anyway looks like coolcat cannot name the institution.
          I don't see why not since he cannot be identified from naming the institution.
          Futhermore I find it hard to believe that someone who claims to have done well on a Master's cannot spell "plagiarise".
          So I'm forced to conclude it never happened.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
            Talk informally to the guys involved, they will brag about it, proud that they cheated the system.
            Like this? Times Higher Education - Indian students treat UK visa as 'marriage dowry'
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Anyway looks like coolcat cannot name the institution.
              I don't see why not since he cannot be identified from naming the institution.
              Futhermore I find it hard to believe that someone who claims to have done well on a Master's cannot spell "plagiarise".
              So I'm forced to conclude it never happened.
              That's logical.

We use the same technique with you.

Glad to see we're helping.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                We use the same technique with you.

How so?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DTexas
                  If you have ever been anywhere near an University lately, you see more foreign students, particularly on expensive Postgraduate courses, there on full funding and they pay three times the rate UK students do..
                  The real scandal is how easy it is for them to get on these course compared to UK students.

I did my M.Sc. at Bristol and out of thirty students only two---me and one other---were British.

With a 2i from another redbrick university I felt pretty lucky to be doing an M.Sc. at Bristol but I spoke to one of the foreign students and he had a third from Coventry and got in without interview. If a UK graduate with the same qualification applied for the course I doubt they'd have the same success.

The funny thing is the university took their money and barely gave any of them the degree: twenty out of thirty failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
                    The real scandal is how easy it is for them to get on these course compared to UK students.

I did my M.Sc. at Bristol and out of thirty students only two---me and one other---were British.

With a 2i from another redbrick university I felt pretty lucky to be doing an M.Sc. at Bristol but I spoke to one of the foreign students and he had a third from Coventry and got in without interview. If a UK graduate with the same qualification applied for the course I doubt they'd have the same success.

The funny thing is the university took their money and barely gave any of them the degree: twenty out of thirty failed.
                    Perhaps not many Brits wanted to do the MSc? What was it in?
                    And taking 3 times the normal fee then failing students is OK - makes me think standards are high.
                    Remember that higher education is one the Uk's key exports.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
                      Ah.

A win win situation then.

Comment

Working...
                      X