• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spreadable vs "normal" butter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I try to watch my salt so avoid spreads. I really like that French President unsalted butter but save it for weekends.
    That's the one! I prefer it to salted, great in lemon drizzle cake too. I get it by the box when it's gone a few days out of date and then freeze it.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Anyone tried simply putting the butter outside and waiting for global warming to melt it?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        That's the one! I prefer it to salted, great in lemon drizzle cake too. I get it by the box when it's gone a few days out of date and then freeze it.
        It's great for cooking with and it goes brilliantly with cheese too. To be honest even the slightly salted one is nice....
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
          Any opinions?

Normal butter tastes spankin' gawjus, but is difficult to spread.

Speadable butter, on the other hand, is spreadable but not as nice as normal butter.

It can make all the difference to that all important first meal of the day (4 slices of toast).
          Sounds like you need a temperature-controlled butter dish (only £35 on Amazon).

I was tempted to buy one myself, but decided the need to plug it into the mains (to recharge?) might be rather a pain.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X