• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Superbowl XLVII

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picking up now.

I don't think that I have ever seen a QB run the ball that far before, and certainly not for a touchdown.

Comment

It is one of the reasons that I enjoy the game.

There were four seconds remaining on the clock and that was still enough time in theory for the forty-niners to even the score.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        It is one of the reasons that I enjoy the game.

There were four seconds remaining on the clock and that was still enough time in theory for the forty-niners to even the score.
        Which was what?

Just before 7 am this morning I tuned in to BBC Radio Five Live in the car. Their entire report was about Beyonce's performance, and mentioned Destiny's Child. They never even said who won the match. Later on, in the 7 o'clock news, I think they said Baltimore won it but gave no details.

Was it a good game?

Comment

Overall yes - it looked like it was going to be a dull walkover in the 1st half but ended up a nail-biter whether SF could break the record for coming back to win from the biggest deficit (not quite).
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The last few plays were right down to the wire. SF went from being 22 down before the power cut to making a complete comeback and damn-near tying up in the 4th quarter at 31-34 Baltimore.

If Jim Harbaugh hadn't burned the clock out with his 2 timeout calls, there's a real chance SF could have won the game. They spent a good minute or two in Ravens territory and at the 3rd down were about 10 yards from the end-zone.

First and second quarter I really thought SF were boned and it was going to be a blowout game, then halftime hit and the power cut happened and everything turned around for the Niners.

The Ravens' defense was just far too powerful in the end and SF were denied completion.

Low game point: Crabtree fumbling 2 perfect TD opportunities which would've given SF an additional set of points.
            High game point: That AMAZING 109 yd run by Ravens' Jacoby Jones. From their end-zone right into SF's with damn-near no opposition. Dude was on fire

All in all, it was a sweet game.

EDIT: Game coverage on the guardian for those that want a bit of a play-by-play
            Last edited by NDawg; 4 February 2013, 10:48.

Comment

The last time I saw a 100 yard run for a touchdown, the scorer was given oxygen for five minutes. Is that like an ultra-marathon for those players?

Comment

I'd assume so. One of the announcers was mentioning a guy clocked in at around 25mph for a dash in-game. Probably a way to aid muscle recovery after that or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  The last time I saw a 100 yard run for a touchdown, the scorer was given oxygen for five minutes. Is that like an ultra-marathon for those players?
                  He ran 100 metres in 11 seconds in full padding, including having to dodge other players.

Simply minimising recovery time - even in decathlon you get a break between events!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    He ran 100 metres in 11 seconds in full padding, including having to dodge other players.

Simply minimising recovery time - even in decathlon you get a break between events!
                    You do, that's true about the decathlon.

Do American rugger or soccer players get oxygen after a break up the field? Sometimes it's even worse for them, when they have to run all the way back again immediately. Especially soccer wing-backs.

Comment

Working...
                    X